OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 3 - Read OP before posting

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hope those in Florida here stay safe.

Still boggles my brain those that continue to move to FL. Maybe if I had a castle 40 yards above sea level with 10 tesla walls and hurricane proof solar panels.

Watched some vids this weekend of the crazy devastation in the mountains of western NC and it is pretty dystopian.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
IMG_7070.jpeg

f*** me sideways … got the top and bottom cabinets, countertops off … and there’s pretty rotted sub flooring underneath

cest la vie

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hope those in Florida here stay safe.

Still boggles my brain those that continue to move to FL. Maybe if I had a castle 40 yards above sea level with 10 tesla walls and hurricane proof solar panels.

Watched some vids this weekend of the crazy devastation in the mountains of western NC and it is pretty dystopian.
Right?! When does the mass exodus begin? Right now it seems like annual (or worse) torture.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Hope the Florida folk are good. Are hurricanes exclusive to Florida? I never hear about them anywhere else in the world.

I know thoughts and prayers is cliche but I do send thoughts and prayers.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hope the Florida folk are good. Are hurricanes exclusive to Florida? I never hear about them anywhere else in the world.

Typhoons are what they are call over in asia greater.

Every now and then Hawaii has a hurricane encounter.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

One literally just wiped out parts of GA and NC. But even beyond that, no. Hurricanes routinely hit the southern Atlantic coast.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Typhoons are what they are call over in asia greater.

Every now and then Hawaii has a hurricane encounter.
Hurricanes and typhoons are the same weather phenomenon: tropical cyclones. A tropical cyclone is a generic term used by meteorologists to describe a rotating, organized system of clouds and thunderstorms that originates over tropical or subtropical waters and has closed, low-level circulation.

The weakest tropical cyclones are called tropical depressions. If a depression intensifies such that its maximum sustained winds reach 39 miles per hour, the tropical cyclone becomes a tropical storm. Once a tropical cyclone reaches maximum sustained winds of 74 miles per hour or higher, it is then classified as a hurricane, typhoon, or tropical cyclone, depending upon where the storm originates in the world. In the North Atlantic, central North Pacific, and eastern North Pacific, the term hurricane is used. The same type of disturbance in the Northwest Pacific is called a typhoon. Meanwhile, in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean, the generic term tropical cyclone is used, regardless of the strength of the wind associated with the weather system.

I did not know they were the same .. I thought there would be a variance of some sort.

Hurricanes being stronger w wind then typhons who had more water?

I learned something

Reactions: usiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad