Providence Bruins General Discussion VI - Providence AHL affilation with B's extended until 2029

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wondering the same,he stood out at that camp
Do you or anyone remember the name of that goalie they brought in from Walpole?

He's having a good junior year for UMD. He's a 0.50 PPG on defense. He racks up PIMS as well. Last two seasons, he's had 74 and 80 PIMS the last two years. He led the USHL in PIMS during the 2015-2016 season with 164 PIMS. Seems like a physical player. I'd love for Boston to take a chance on him. What's the worst that happens? Only thing is he's a LHD. Also same school as Karson Kuhlman.

And the goalie was James Corcoran. He's attending Merrimac College in 2019-2020 according to Elite Prospects.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

From Friday,I assumed he was there to watch a Princeton kid but Brown's Tom Marchin was at D camp

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Loss
Not bad weekend 4 out of 6
Strange losing so many times to Springfield
Frederic a beast
Better from Vaakanainen
Zboril still trending up
Senyshyn still wallowed in mediocrity
JFK rusty but good to see him out there
College FAs should start rolling in this week

Great to hear about Zboril, but what is Senyshyn's problem? Too inconsistent/lazy or is he simply not that good?

Reactions: TCB

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Great to hear about Zboril, but what is Senyshyn's problem? Too inconsistent/lazy or is he simply not that good?

My opinion is usage. He plays 3rd line and 2nd PP (doesn't appear to get used much). He's on a 3rd line with Frederic and Blidh. They play him on the PK as well.

There is no reason why he can't get better ES time with better offensive players and why he can't get used more on the PP.

He is inconsistent but he doesn't appear to be lazy and he's certainly not a bad player.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Loss
Not bad weekend 4 out of 6
Strange losing so many times to Springfield
Frederic a beast
Better from Vaakanainen
Zboril still trending up
Senyshyn still wallowed in mediocrity
JFK rusty but good to see him out there
College FAs should start rolling in this week

What is wrong with Senyshyn? That size and speed.... sigh

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
My opinion is usage. He plays 3rd line and 2nd PP (doesn't appear to get used much). He's on a 3rd line with Frederic and Blidh. They play him on the PK as well.

There is no reason why he can't get better ES time with better offensive players and why he can't get used more on the PP.

He is inconsistent but he doesn't appear to be lazy and he's certainly not a bad player.
I think Seny has been a lot more consistent this season. Before this 6 game drought he would go 3 games at most without registering a point while bouncing around the lineup. The game I saw live he played with Fyten and Koppanen who have a combined 11 points.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

ZS is not lazy,I do think he's slow to grasp certain area's of the game and he struggles to create his own offense
There are many on here that are frustrated with how the P Bruins coaching staff utilize him,and I was one of them but he's had numerous chances with good players on the top 2 lines,he hasn't delivered consistent enough to stay on those lines, at this point he's a decent AHL 3rd liner that can play sparse minutes on the PP and help on the PK,while that's maybe disappointing to many(and it should be) it's better then this time last year.
There are lots of similarities with the Islanders Michael Dal Colle,picked too early,glorious CHL stats, disappointing AHL play but in his 3rd full pro year something clicked and now he's a serviceable NHL player,he'll never live up to being 5th overall but he looks to have made it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
ZS is not lazy,I do think he's slow to grasp certain area's of the game and he struggles to create his own offense
There are many on here that are frustrated with how the P Bruins coaching staff utilize him,and I was one of them but he's had numerous chances with good players on the top 2 lines,he hasn't delivered consistent enough to stay on those lines, at this point he's a decent AHL 3rd liner that can play sparse minutes on the PP and help on the PK,while that's maybe disappointing to many(and it should be) it's better then this time last year.
There are lots of similarities with the Islanders Michael Dal Colle,picked too early,glorious CHL stats, disappointing AHL play but in his 3rd full pro year something clicked and now he's a serviceable NHL player,he'll never live up to being 5th overall but he looks to have made it.

Just may not be a fit here

Too much thinking/system

Look at Donato

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Just may not be a fit here

Too much thinking/system

Look at Donato
No don't think it's about fit
nor do I think it's thinking/system,it's hockey,not like they're splitting atoms at practice
it's either he needs more time or isn't good enough

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No don't think it's about fit
nor do I think it's thinking/system,it's hockey,not like they're splitting atoms at practice
it's either he needs more time or isn't good enough
Hi Eric, always appreciate your pre/in game/post game opinions and I`ll ask this not as a springboard to making excuses for ZS as I don`t have the luxury to watch him as you do.

I seem to read quite a bit here about him being moved up and down the lineup, seems like when he`s moved up the lineup or given PP time, the kid reacts well and produces reasonably well, then they seem (based on reading here) to put him in the bottom 6 with lesser skilled players and his production drops.

Is it fair or unfair to say that some of his inconsistencies could come from being up and down in the lineup and other parts of his game are hindered by the lack of continuity?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Hi Eric, always appreciate your pre/in game/post game opinions and I`ll ask this not as a springboard to making excuses for ZS as I don`t have the luxury to watch him as you do.

I seem to read quite a bit here about him being moved up and down the lineup, seems like when he`s moved up the lineup or given PP time, the kid reacts well and produces reasonably well, then they seem (based on reading here) to put him in the bottom 6 with lesser skilled players and his production drops.

Is it fair or unfair to say that some of his inconsistencies could come from being up and down in the lineup and other parts of his game are hindered by the lack of continuity?
Eric can definitely give you a better answer but that seems like a fair assumption. I know it's hard to keep AHL lines together with all the call ups plus injuries but even still, this team's line juggling just seems excessive. Playing him with Fyten and Koppanen seems ridiculous to me.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Its fair to say some of his inconsistencies are lineup induced
However he's 124 pro games in,at some point you are what you are

Reactions: Spooner st

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Kid had a great year for them as a freshman. He gets a lot of comparisons to Krug because of his size and offensive output, but the kid held his own on the defensive front. Curious why he wanted out of Ferris so bad.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cooper Zech is definitely intriguing. The Athletic did an article ranking the top 35 NCAA, CHL and European free agents. Some interesting players on the list.

Pronman: Ranking the top free agents from the CHL, college...

Edit - I tried to copy and paste the article but it didn't work. If I have time later today, I'll just type out the 35 names.

Don't have an Athletic subscription anymore, but does Pronman highlight Zech in there, specifically?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Don't have an Athletic subscription anymore, but does Pronman highlight Zech in there, specifically?
No, he didn't get mentioned but I'm not sure that Pronman even knew Zech was leaving college already. His list also seemed to be too heavy on CHL and European players. In the comments section, a lot of people were asking about college players who got left off.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What is wrong with Senyshyn? That size and speed.... sigh
My guess is human nature

Frustrated and down

Cehlarik looked like crap when I watched him in Providence after several guys called up over him

Hasn’t scored since voiced frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad