Prospect Info: General Discussion of Prospects

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Funny I just said that a few days ago in another thread. Give the CHL Team some cash which most probably could use buying the rights of the player from them.

Its a win-win.
The weird thing is that this is not just a CBA thing, it is an NHL-CHL transfer agreement thing.

I wonder if they will update the transfer agreement to give teams cash for every season of eligibility teams lose. Even for guys like Benson and Bedard that make the jump straight to the NHL.

:dunno:

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The weird thing is that this is not just a CBA thing, it is an NHL-CHL transfer agreement thing.

I wonder if they will update the transfer agreement to give teams cash for every season of eligibility teams lose. Even for guys like Benson and Bedard that make the jump straight to the NHL.

:dunno:
If you think about it Benson would benefit a season in the AHL but he can't. Yet his WHL team gets nothing. So its a win-win to give the WHL team cash and let him play in the AHL. In the end it could be million(s) of dollars over 5-10 years for the CHL team from multiple teams for players.

It also means the money has a possibility to trickle down to other areas of the CHL team depending on how it can be used such as improved facilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad