Prospect Info: General Discussion of Prospects

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Many times when I've seen Huglen play, I've come out with the opinion "Ya know, he might be a handy bottom 6er in the NHL someday". Let's see how he does this year, but I can see the Sabres signing him.

I think Huglen is an AHL contract if the Sabres are actually interested in him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think Huglen is an AHL contract if the Sabres are actually interested in him.

Having read about what it takes for him to be ready to play, I wonder if he's going to want to continue playing with his back issues. Love how he plays, wish him well, just wonder if he's going to ride the bus for a while with that in the background.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Minor leaguers are requesting trades ?? I didn't even know that was a thing.

Junior players do it, for sure. Eric Lindros didn't just tell Quebec to get stuffed, he did the same thing to Sault St. Marie in the OHL resulting in him being traded. Local boy Quentin Musty has stayed home in Hamburg waiting for a requested trade out of Sudbury. It happens.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Junior players do it, for sure. Eric Lindros didn't just tell Quebec to get stuffed, he did the same thing to Sault St. Marie in the OHL resulting in him being traded. Local boy Quentin Musty has stayed home in Hamburg waiting for a requested trade out of Sudbury. It happens.
Interesting... I never knew that about Lindros requesting a trade in the minors

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Interesting... I never knew that about Lindros requesting a trade in the minors

Lindros dominated youth games, often practiced with players three years older, and received an opportunity to scrimmage with the Toronto Maple Leafs when he was 14. Two years later, the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League drafted him from his Toronto-based Junior B team.

His parents, though, didn't want him bussing for hours, and Eric refused to go. Instead, he played for a lower-level junior team in Michigan before the OHL changed its rules and allowed his rights to be traded to the Oshawa Generals, closer to home. The Generals became Memorial Cup champions, and Greyhounds fans booed him in the playoffs, taunting him with pacifiers and signs, one that read: "Lindros wants his mommy."

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Watching CSKA's daily beating, today SKA St. Petersburg with Demidov, while having my lunch. Poltapov blocked a couple shots in the first, continues to PK and draw in on the "top line" at ES but no PP time.

Demidov has a point (an assist off a shot that was blocked that wound up in the net).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad