Prospect Info: General Discussion of Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Interesting to look at these rankings (as much as they differ from my opinion) as clusters. Helps to take away some Sabre bias both ways and see the level of young player we have.

17 Demidov
18 McTavish
19 Power
20 Smith
21 Catton

34 Lundell
35 Faber
36 Quinn
37 Knies
38 Lindstrom

54 Wallstedt
55 Askarov
56 Mercer
57 Peterka
58 Helenius

59 Pellikka
60 Drysdale
61 Guhle
62 Benson
63 Eklund
64 Ritchie
65 Gauthier

100 Lekkerimaki
101 Reichel
102 Kulich
103 Holloway
104 Ostlund
105 Yager
106 Boisvert

115 Barlow
116 Ohgren
117 Wahlberg
118 Hage
119 Miettinen

139 Rinzel
140 Bichsel
141 Kleber
142 Parascak
143 Savoie

Would people prefer a group of McTavish, Faber, Mercer, Pellikka, Guhle, Reichel, Yager, Ohgren, Parascak?

Perry Tegula

Yes... that'll do
Dec 7, 2022

Poltapov

1000014396.gif

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
I swap JJP for Lundell in less than half a heartbeat. Quinn I have to think harder on, but I likely do that swap too.

Knies? Meh. I likely pass.
After how poor the offense looked last year, I'm not moving that year's best goal scorer on the team for anything less than a bonafide 1st liner in "less than half a heartbeat". I get Lundell is the smarter player, more responsible in his own end, better along the boards currently. But he's not a better skater, not a better shooter, I'd argue any difference in passing/puck handling is marginal.

I'd also argue all of JJP, Quinn and Benson have some room to reach or surpass Lundell. Right now, he is a strong, skilled 3rd line center stuck behind Barkov and Bennett. And while I wont call him sheltered, he certainly falls behind both his teammates in terms of drawing quality opposition.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
After how poor the offense looked last year, I'm not moving that year's best goal scorer on the team for anything less than a bonafide 1st liner in "less than half a heartbeat". I get Lundell is the smarter player, more responsible in his own end, better along the boards currently. But he's not a better skater, not a better shooter, I'd argue any difference in passing/puck handling is marginal.

I'd also argue all of JJP, Quinn and Benson have some room to reach or surpass Lundell. Right now, he is a strong, skilled 3rd line center stuck behind Barkov and Bennett. And while I wont call him sheltered, he certainly falls behind both his teammates in terms of drawing quality opposition.
Quinn's vision, passing and shooting ability is superior to Lundell, however he plays the less desired position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad