OT: General College Hockey Talk

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Good for them. I think that hurts Laval too.

JF and his wife, Mia, have been returning to Potsdam over the last year, as their son Noah is entering his sophomore year at Potsdam, where he is a member of the Bears’ men’s lacrosse team.

I am guessing that JF is going to smack talk Patrice Robitaille before and after the Potsdam-Morrisville lacrosse game in 2025.

:laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I caught on yesterday’s show when Marty mentioned dropping Jacob off at West Point. He’ll be a first year on the hockey team in 2024-25.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Capture.PNG

Last season Lopusanova made the move to North America, playing for the Bishop Kearney Selects under-19 AAA team at a private high school in Rochester, N.Y.

It's pretty cool to see a BK Selects jersey on Sportsnet.ca.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

These kids get $120 a week for spending money. They should be allowed to play in the NCAA after, as long as they haven’t signed a professional contract.

The Tom Willander situation is going to be the biggest issue for the NCAA, I would bet.

On the NCAA's side, they do get to make up their own eligibility requirements. There have been previous lawsuits over a variety of weird eligibility decisions and they have won them before.

I wonder if they change hockey eligibility to basically say that what a player does before they are done with HS is OK.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

The Tom Willander situation is going to be the biggest issue for the NCAA, I would bet.

On the NCAA's side, they do get to make up their own eligibility requirements. There have been previous lawsuits over a variety of weird eligibility decisions and they have won them before.

I wonder if they change hockey eligibility to basically say that what a player does before they are done with HS is OK.
I'm not even sure why playing in the CHL is a sticking point anymore. With NIL ca$h flowing and having millionaire college athletes it's a absurd line to draw in the sand.

I'm sure the coaches would be heavily in favor of being able to nab CHL transfers. Don Lucia went as far to push for guys who went to pro leagues to be able to return to college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad