Gene Principe

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Another bad take by Double Dion... shocking

Gene tries to have fun and doesn’t care what people think. We could use a little more of that in society imo

Reactions: Lunatik

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I used to find the guy annoying and cringey....

However over time I realized how common it is (dare I say acceptable?) for people in the media to make up rumours for the clicks/views or to attack players and/or their families and it really bothered me. Gene Principe doesn't do anything like that; quite the opposite: he's very respectful when he's interviewing players and he comes off as a genuinely nice person.

That alone is enough to put him in my good books, and that's coming from a Flames fan.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I used to find the guy annoying and cringey....

However over time I realized how common it is (dare I say acceptable?) for people in the media to make up rumours for the clicks/views or to attack players and/or their families and it really bothered me. Gene Principe doesn't do anything like that; quite the opposite: he's very respectful when he's interviewing players and he comes off as a genuinely nice person.

That alone is enough to put him in my good books, and that's coming from a Flames fan.
Oh I still cringe, almost all the time... but with how long he's done it and the fact he's not a media parasite... I respect him, and even have to give him credit because to come up with that much cringey shit and have all of it be light hearted and non-offensive, it cannot be easy.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Seriously Oilers fans. Was the decade of darkness not enough pain for you guys? You have to watch this walking, talking, pun making buffoon prance around in boxing gear on your broadcast?
If he isn’t your cup of tea, just turn the sound down during his segment. Problem fixed.

/thread

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
The only Canadian “in-game host”, “sideline reporter”, whatever he technically is that puts in the slightest effort to entertain or even be mildly interesting.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The only Canadian “in-game host”, “sideline reporter”, whatever he technically is that puts in the slightest effort to entertain or even be mildly interesting.
Woah woah woah, Ryan Leslie absolutely is entertaining. He's not as in your face with the humor, but he throws his puns out there too and is regularly joking around... he used to have a game with Gaudreau where Johnny would bet him he couldn't work certain words into interviews.

Reactions: the valiant effort

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Gene Principe is a god awful.

I haven't had the misfortune of watching him much lately is he still asking every opposition player how much of an amazing experience it is to have the privilege to play on the same ice as the Oilers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad