OT: Geek Haven: Comic Books, Comic Book movies, RPG's, Star Wars etc thread

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Had to bring some big guns back to get the MCU back on track. Even more important than RDJ returning, the Russo brothers are back as directors:

I guess the Kang plans have been scrapped?

Reactions: Guardian17

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Unfortunately for that Transformers soundtrack, the main theme is a new version and it's just awful.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know they can do anything they want with the multiverse stuff but i would like Robert Downey Jr back as Iron Man not Doom.

Reactions: hockeyarena

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know they can do anything they want with the multiverse stuff but i would like Robert Downey Jr back as Iron Man not Doom.
They owe pretty much everything to RDJ; if he says I'll come back but I want to play a different character he will be allowed to do so.

Also, there is a HEAVY connection between Iron Man and Dr. Doom ever since Iron Man V1 #150. Heck, Doom even became Iron Man for awhile 9 or 10 years ago, and not a multiverse story this was in Marvel-616. Also since they revealed that Tony was actually adopted by the Starks (the true Stark son is Arno Stark) and Tony was born in Bulgaria to a European father (his real parents were SHIELD agents), it's quite plausible that there is a family connection between Tony and Victor Von Doom. Yes this is comic books for you hahah.

Lastly Chris Evans played the Human Torch twice, then was cast as Captain America. Everyone accepted it.

I get wanting him back as Iron Man back but I'm pretty intrigued to see what he can do here. He's excellent at different accents so we probably won't even realize it's him. I don't think we are even going to see Dr. Doom without his mask on.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They owe pretty much everything to RDJ; if he says I'll come back but I want to play a different character he will be allowed to do so.

Also, there is a HEAVY connection between Iron Man and Dr. Doom ever since Iron Man V1 #150. Heck, Doom even became Iron Man for awhile 9 or 10 years ago, and not a multiverse story this was in Marvel-616. Also since they revealed that Tony was actually adopted by the Starks (the true Stark son is Arno Stark) and Tony was born in Bulgaria to a European father (his real parents were SHIELD agents), it's quite plausible that there is a family connection between Tony and Victor Von Doom. Yes this is comic books for you hahah.

Lastly Chris Evans played the Human Torch twice, then was cast as Captain America. Everyone accepted it.

I get wanting him back as Iron Man back but I'm pretty intrigued to see what he can do here. He's excellent at different accents so we probably won't even realize it's him. I don't think we are even going to see Dr. Doom without his mask on.
Well...LITTLE DID I KNOW what part Chris Evans was playing in the movie when I wrote that post (finally saw it today). Fantastic movie, will be seeing it again.

I especially loved the Wolverine variants montage, some excellent homages, nods and jokes there.

Logan finally putting on the mask was the moment I was waiting 24 years for.

I also really liked and appreciated the end credit montage of clips and interviews from the 20th Century Fox Marvel movies. Really nice of them to acknowledge how important those movies were to establishing superhero movies as a viable genre. Some were great, some were terrible but they all played a role.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

I like Anthony Mackie as an actor a lot, and I greatly enjoyed his portrayal of Sam Wilson/the Falcon. But I just re-watched Winter Soldier with the family on Sunday, and just can't see how he can be Captain America when he's not a super soldier. A big plot point in Winter Soldier was how much stronger and faster Steve Rogers was (the whole "on your left" thing as he lapped Sam multiple times while out for a run for example).

Or did I miss them rediscovering some super soldier serum somewhere? I haven't really watched anything after End Game .

Turning to a complete different franchise, anyone seen Alien: Romulus? I'm just so wary of anything new from that franchise as everything since Aliens has been pretty bad (although unlike most I don't hate Alien cubed).

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I like Anthony Mackie as an actor a lot, and I greatly enjoyed his portrayal of Sam Wilson/the Falcon. But I just re-watched Winter Soldier with the family on Sunday, and just can't see how he can be Captain America when he's not a super soldier. A big plot point in Winter Soldier was how much stronger and faster Steve Rogers was (the whole "on your left" thing as he lapped Sam multiple times while out for a run for example).

Or did I miss them rediscovering some super soldier serum somewhere? I haven't really watched anything after End Game .

Turning to a complete different franchise, anyone seen Alien: Romulus? I'm just so wary of anything new from that franchise as everything since Aliens has been pretty bad (although unlike most I don't hate Alien cubed).
I may go see Romulus this weekend. I've read it's pretty good, more of a back to basics horror like Alien which is a good thing. Although I love Aliens more, best sci-fi combat movie ever (but I was 12 when it was released and saw it before I ever saw Alien so I'm probably a little biased). The pulse rifle sound effect lives rent free in my head haha.

There's been a few times in the comics where Steve Rogers lost the super soldier formula and was "normal" and proved he could still be Captain America, plus Sam has also been Cap a couple times already so I see no problems with it. It's the man, not the steroids lol. He can also fly that gives an edge. I've been dying for some red Hulk also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad