F Owen Griffin - Markham Waxers, ETAHL U15 (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This kid is very good, should be one of the top players selected in next years OHL draft and is definitely a projected first rounder in 2025. It’s a longshot but he could end up competing with Moore and Roobroeck for 1st overall.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Kid has moved from Markham to the North Simcoe Express for this season - and man has he had a strong start to the season. 11 points in 3 games - his next closest teammate has 5 points in those same 3 games To put it in context.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Any idea why on earth he wasn’t named to the Canada winter games roster? I was floored to not see him on it.
From what I understand - GM of the team is from Ottawa and knows the HEO players better so is more comfortable with them; even though it is a real weak year out of Ottawa region and a good chunk of the team is from, Ottawa.

Should have been maybe two or three Ottawa kids on the team from a pure talent perspective but you have 1/3rd of the team from the region.

William McFadden didn’t make the cut either so only one kid out of the ETAHL made this team funnily enough (Evan Elliott) so perhaps there is something to that too.

Strange nonetheless - and was surprised with that omission.

Reactions: Brock

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
From what I understand - GM of the team is from Ottawa and knows the HEO players better so is more comfortable with them; even though it is a real weak year out of Ottawa region and a good chunk of the team is from, Ottawa.

Should have been maybe two or three Ottawa kids on the team from a pure talent perspective but you have 1/3rd of the team from the region.

William McFadden didn’t make the cut either so only one kid out of the ETAHL made this team funnily enough (Evan Elliott) so perhaps there is something to that too.

It's pretty laughable that none of Griffin, Weir or McFadden made the team. Some questionable choices for sure unless I'm missing something.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

Agreed. Some very surprising omissions. Griffin, Dragusica, Jeremy Martin, Graziano. But they got most right. IMO, the best 07 prospect playing in Ontario is Matthew Schaefer. If scouts haven't figured it out yet, they will. Has it all, and can play 30 minutes without breaking a sweat.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It's pretty laughable that none of Griffin, Weir or McFadden made the team. Some questionable choices for sure unless I'm missing something.
In their defence it’s a pretty deep forward crop out of Ontario this year. So there were bound to be some snubs.

But man - like you said, questionable nonetheles.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I am not as high on Weir as many others. Kid doesn't stop complaining on the ice. Constant whining. There are many forwards I would have taken over him.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
He's playing about 10 minutes a night, hard to find offense. He's been a little underwhelming but too soon for any sort of call on his future.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It’s not looking good for him. I would give it at least through this season, but it’s trending that way.

Things weren't looking like Jett Luchanko was going to be the 13th overall pick following his pre draft year season either.​

Not saying that Griffin will be a first rounder but not all development is linear either and it's way too early to call him a bust at this point as another poster suggested.

lavidaloca89

Jun 27, 2024
He became an important player for the generals in the playoffs.

He was lost in most of the regular season. I expect he will be really good this season and will he drafted to the nhl as well. No idea where he will get drafted because he is very small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad