GDT: Game 52 : Leaves @ CBJ : 2/10 7:00 PM

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The only thing Tarasov has done consistantly is be injured. You can say his stats are better, but a .001 better save percentage, and .05 GAA average is nitpicking. There is a bigger difference in Korpi's favor in win-loss record. But seeing as though you want to lose, you like Tarasov's win-loss record better.

I like Tarasov, but he has been as inconsistant as our other goalies have been. The way this year has gone, best case scenario would be Korpi doing another one year deal with Columbus, Elvis straightening his head out, and Tarasov having a healthy season in the AHL. I doubt any of that happens though. Tarasov really hasn't earned a backup spot in the NHL yet, but he has shown flashes.
All of those things are things we hoped for this season.

Reactions: Monstershockey

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, Tarasov being waivers eligible next year really throws a wrench into things. He would get claimed quickly. So he has to be here next year.

I just don’t think it’s a good thing to trot out Elvis and Tarasov as the goalie duo next year. And given it’s really tough to move Elvis contract, I think that’s what we’re going to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00