GDT: GDT #8 Florida Panthers vs New York Islanders | October 26th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
We replaced Pierre Engvall and Matt Martin with Pierre Engvall and Matt Martin.

With a few exceptions this is the team that got dispatched by the Hurricanes in the first round last year. Insanity.
we should've sold off after 2022 but nooooo, new building and they got hit by COVID and blah blah blah. every time they get eliminated its an excuse. the time to tear down and add youth is NOW.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
we should've sold off after 2022 but nooooo, new building and they got hit by COVID and blah blah blah. every time they get eliminated its an excuse. the time to tear down and add youth is NOW.

If they do that, I’ll reconsider watching. I am not putting up with any rebuilding, knowing that it guarantees lots of losing and doesn’t lead to any winning.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
To an owner, those are pretty compelling reasons to NOT rebuild.

Can you identify one team in the past 20 years that went to B2B conference finals, then missed the playoffs during an ‘odd’ season, then went into a rebuild?

No owner says ‘yes’ to that. Sorry, this is fan fiction.

Hey, I just invested in a $1B arena, no worry with 8k fans showing up due to a rebuild… Now, that generates momentum.

Mr Misunderstood

Must win.
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
To an owner, those are pretty compelling reasons to NOT rebuild.

Can you identify one team in the past 20 years that went to B2B conference finals, then missed the playoffs during an ‘odd’ season, then went into a rebuild?

No owner says ‘yes’ to that. Sorry, this is fan fiction.

Hey, I just invested in a $1B arena, no worry with 8k fans showing up due to a rebuild… Now, that generates momentum.

End of 2022 was the time to change things up with the roster and move out some pieces while they still had value.

Now, those pieces have lost their value for equivalent NHL pieces. It is time to part ways for future assets.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
End of 2022 was the time to change things up with the roster and move out some pieces while they still had value.

Now, those pieces have lost their value for equivalent NHL pieces. It is time to part ways for future assets.
What assets are/were you dumping?

Recently resigned Pamieri? JGP? 35 goal scorer in Nelson? Near 30 goal scorer and captain Lee? A possible franchise goalie that came to the Isles bc oh his mentor was on the same team? The mentor wasn’t going anywhere either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad