GDT: GDT #8 Florida Panthers vs New York Islanders | October 26th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Good morning,

Have a feeling that this journey is over and that the best thing would be to rebuild the whole team. The owners need to swallow their pride.

Last night, the team conceded another goal during the last 5 minutes of the third period. Does anyone know how many games in the last two years the Isles have conceded goals at the end of games? Feels like it happens every game and it must be something mental.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Good morning,

Have a feeling that this journey is over and that the best thing would be to rebuild the whole team. The owners need to swallow their pride.

Last night, the team conceded another goal during the last 5 minutes of the third period. Does anyone know how many games in the last two years the Isles have conceded goals at the end of games? Feels like it happens every game and it must be something mental.
It seems clear Barzal can't take that final step to becoming a bona fide star. He's a very, very good player, but he can't turn games on a regular basis.

Reactions: MJF and MarsTBOW

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
So uh, who's the consensus top pick for the draft next year?

Feeling like that's a likely scenario for the team, and at least way more likely than thinking of the playoffs.

3-0 to lose 6-3. Gross.

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
I didn’t like the call ups or roster rotation coming off a win against New Jersey. But Patrick Roy REALLY didn’t like the call ups, wow.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
So...How 'bout them Jets.....Winnipeg Jets.......might maybe think of spending time watching as this team is causing me more pain than i have pain killers and alcohol to suppress!!!

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Barzal and Horvat both have been bad 5v5

this is why we STOP PUTTING HOLMSTROM ON THE FIRST LINE AND TELL BARZAL TO SHOOT

While I agree with you I wanted to remind you Bother that Barzal does not shoot no matter who is on his line!!!!!!!
Just to remind
This was Seafoams's pic he post from the Habs game....
How many players in the NHL Pass, when in this position with the Puck?

1730040858021.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: seafoam

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Roy’s english sucks, these quotes are a nothingburger IMO.
After watching his post game this morning I generally agree that Roy is saying the right things, but you can tell he's either searching for the right words or censoring himself before answering some questions.

I don't think Roy's English is bad. He knows what's being asked and his answers are always understandable. Sorokin's English sucks. Romanov's English sucks.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Barzal and Horvat both have been bad 5v5

this is why we STOP PUTTING HOLMSTROM ON THE FIRST LINE AND TELL BARZAL TO SHOOT
Broken record: the opposing team knows how to play these guys bc it’s pretty obvious, redundant, the same schtick every game. Same thing on the PP, same in OT.

Now, Horvat is waiting on Barzal to do his thing, which is reducing his effectiveness.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It seems clear Barzal can't take that final step to becoming a bona fide star. He's a very, very good player, but he can't turn games on a regular basis.
Exactly right. He has to be at his best for longer stretches more often. That's what separates an elite player from a very good player. Barzal just doesn't do it often enough.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Broken record: the opposing team knows how to play these guys bc it’s pretty obvious, redundant, the same schtick every game. Same thing on the PP, same in OT.

Now, Horvat is waiting on Barzal to do his thing, which is reducing his effectiveness.
then trade Barzal. f*** it. Lets trade him. Lets trade Dobson. Trade any player worth a shit because they all suck apparently and we ain't doing anything right. Go ahead plop Barzal on Florida and he could wreck havoc. Put him on the Rangers and he greatly outplayers Zibanapowerplay. Put him on the Bruins and he powers that team. But the isles are why he sucks.

Shoot the puck Barzal. Shoot the damn puck. Stop passing and shoot.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I feel the same and walk back my comments after re-watching the presser, nothing there, Rosner creating drama.
It's not just Rosner. Read Gross's and Ethan Sears's tweets. They're not much different. But I agree that there's no substitute for actually hearing Roy answer the questions. Context, tone of voice, etc are most important.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Let LOU make a statement trade??? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Lou made his statement by doubling down on the core he couldn't move on from, the contracts from which we are still waiting to expire on their own because there's no market for those players.

Trade a core player. Go ahead.

Lou make that trade? Forget it. It's past time for a new GM and a new set of scouts.
I think everyone including ownership are starting to see that Lou’s home run was Trotz who took a younger group of average talent and systemized them enough to catch the league of guard. Lou has failed to improve the talent level enough and locked himself into corner with bad investments.
Let’s just hope that the hierarchy instructed Lou not to move anymore first rounders as shown this year and let’s hope we see a new face soon before we fall off the cliff and another 10 year rebuild

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I love Barzal, but honestly I can't think of a more frustrating player that has been on the Isles before that was supposed to be "Star" player...
I'm at the point of entertaining offers because I do not think we win anything close to a Cup with him as a consistent scoring Top 3

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
then trade Barzal. f*** it. Lets trade him. Lets trade Dobson. Trade any player worth a shit because they all suck apparently and we ain't doing anything right. Go ahead plop Barzal on Florida and he could wreck havoc. Put him on the Rangers and he greatly outplayers Zibanapowerplay. Put him on the Bruins and he powers that team. But the isles are why he sucks.

Shoot the puck Barzal. Shoot the damn puck. Stop passing and shoot.
He would be better in a 2nd line role where he’s the 4-5-6 fwd. He was ‘fine’ under Trotz where he was one of many, it was expected he would grow and lead - it’s been 3 seasons already and two coaches. He can’t do it and it’s messing everyone else up.

So, you either continue the path and magically acquire players that push him down the lineup (highly unlikely) or trade him and reshuffle your front lines based on the return. Those are your two options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad