GDT: GDT: #65 Detroit Red Wings vs New York Islanders | March 4th | 12:30 PM | F/4-1 W

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
playoff winless since the Mogilny / Roberts days ended
my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Solid 2 points right there. I got caught up fixing furniture after the first and got back with 8 mins left in the third. Needed those 2 points

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The gap control in the neutral zone was great today.

Romanov played great today and Pelech played a lot better too.

Offensive just can't finish sometimes but they worked hard and got the goals when needed

They've been good pretty much since Barzal went down. It's unclear if the coaching staff has made an adjustment because he went down and they're trying to lock things down more or if no Barzal has naturally translated to a more responsible game, which has benefitted the team.

This is the best stretch of hockey they've played the entire season from a structural standpoint, they aren't giving teams many opportunities.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
They're resting up.
They remember Mayfield/Kucherov and are tanking so we don't make it
They've been good pretty much since Barzal went down. It's unclear if the coaching staff has made an adjustment because he went down or they're trying to lock things down more or if no Barzal has naturally translated to a more responsible game, which has benefitted the team.

This is the best stretch of hockey they've played the entire season from a structural standpoint, they aren't giving teams many opportunities.
I would add that the experience we have in tight race/games, last year notwithstanding, comes in very handy right about now

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I thought Engvall played as described. Good third liner, like his reach and speed. Has a decent shot it seems too. He's not the answer on the top line long term, but his speed complements Horvat and Lee.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
I loved Engvall's game today. Absolutely loved it. However, I worry that he's going to be frustrating moving forward. Just remember Leafs fans saying how frustrating it was to watch him.
I mean, you also have to account for the fact that Toronto fans have been conditioned to think every player should be Mitch Marner.

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
great game to be at although after 2 periods my blood was boiling… ive no idea wbat anyone sees in kouvila ? i thought he was horrible only to come home, watch the post game and hear butch rave about him? no doubt he knows hockey much better than i. im not a hockey expert by any means but i have been watching the isles for 40 years. i wish there was a timetable for barzal and jgp return, not knowing anything at all is frustrating.

tampa just seems to fk tje isles anyway they can. oh well, the next 3 games are tremendous but they have to start with the next game vs buff… this 3 game stretch is make or break the season in my opinion… lgi

Reactions: Barzaltrick

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
great game to be at although after 2 periods my blood was boiling… ive no idea wbat anyone sees in kouvila ? i thought he was horrible only to come home, watch the post game and hear butch rave about him? no doubt he knows hockey much better than i. im not a hockey expert by any means but i have been watching the isles for 40 years. i wish there was a timetable for barzal and jgp return, not knowing anything at all is frustrating.

tampa just seems to fk tje isles anyway they can. oh well, the next 3 games are tremendous but they have to start with the next game vs buff… this 3 game stretch is make or break the season in my opinion… lgi
Koivula has played his best two games in nhl last two games, been a good fourth line center.

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
Koivula has played his best two games in nhl last two games, been a good fourth line center.
i just didnt see it, i cringed everytims he was on the ice… but like i said. ill be the first to admit that i dont know hockey as well as many here. i habe to take yours and butchs word for it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
i just didnt see it, i cringed everytims he was on the ice… but like i said. ill be the first to admit that i dont know hockey as well as many here. i habe to take yours and butchs word for it.

I cringe every time Aho is on the ice, but that's because I'm anticipating a bad sequence for him, not because it actually comes to fruition. Koivula stayed above pucks, eliminated his man when he had the opportunity, and generally kept the puck moving up the ice into the offensive zone. That's about all you can ask of him at this point. He also had a nice opportunity from a Bailey feed if I'm not mistaken.

He's not an NHL regular, but if he can just be a net neutral player when called upon it's okay.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Big win - especially after allowing the 1-0 with less than two minutes on the clock in the second.

Not always easy to bounce back from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad