GDT: GDT: #61 Winnipeg Jets vs New York Islanders | February 22nd | 7 PM | F/2-1 W

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
In the six games Horvat and Barzal were a part of the PP, they went 6-for-19.
Additionally, they were consistently getting quality chances 5v5. Horvat had several posts and near misses. Horvat has easily been the best fit with Barzal during his time here. So, I'm also not sure why the doom-and-gloom threads started on the mainboards. :dunno:

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
He has pretty good decision making too, but I think the Jets might have made things a bit too easy on him. The penalty call on him was a bad joke.

Lee, Horvat, and Pelech were NYI's best skaters all night. (Lee made some excellent defensive plays throughout, Horvat took over the 3rd period).

The player who stood out to me in a negative way was Dobson. Weak reaching stick plays, not working for body position, just the appearance of being lazy throughout. I did not like his game at all last night. Yeah there are other guys who were bad (or they have persistent weaknesses, like Mayfield revsersing the puck to the side with only Jets), but I don't expect them to be good.

I think Schiefele's insistance on making a spin pass to the back door every single time got predictable af. Yes it worked the first time, but he did it over and over and over ffs. He'd make me want to rip my hair out. Otoh, would absolutely love to have a winger like either Conor or Ehlers.

Not breaking any ground here, but Morrissey (unlike the singer) has gotten so much better with experience.

Hellebuyck is big, but he's not as good as Ilya.
Imagine Ehlers on LW setting up Nelson for 40 goals.. speed, playmaking and a decent shot? We’ve needed a player like him for years IMO..Where do I sign?

Then again Lou probably sees Iskhakov in that role down the road ..

ah well…one can dream…

Reactions: saintunspecified

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Feels like we're seeing "Islanders hockey" ever since Barzal has been out.

Love the win, but wish Lambert's gameplan would allow the non-Swedes on the team to score as well.:sarcasm:

Reactions: BillD

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Otto was ok I thought. Bad penalty late but he, Durandeau and Holmstrom seemed to understand each other well on the ice. But what do I know??? ha ha
My young fella said Aho and Pulock would score, and I said Holmstrom, so we were both kinda right! LOL
The line of Koivula, Ross the Boss, and Marts was effective as a big body line to eat some minutes and give the top 9 the rest between shifts. They were not beaten to pucks or in puck battles and held up until Otto took that penalty. So all in all, effective in their role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad