GDT: GDT #45 New York Islanders @ Chicago Blackhawks | January 19th | 8:30 PM | F/4-3 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I hate to say it but the farther this team has gone from the Snow the incredibly worse this team has gotten. I mean yes it was a team effort between the 2 GMS but I don't see how we can complain anymore about Snow's coaching decisions. Lambert's 2 seasons here have been a disaster. I would take Capuano over this any day. I did miss the game how did it go btw.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No, I get it and I agree. Lane must go for any number of reasons, but giving the players who were on the ice a pass, I don't care who the coach is, is just wrong.

But that's the whole thing...

If Trotz was still coach (or we had any good one), no one on the ice would be getting a pass.

But this team and coaching staff were all assembled by Lou and are his responsibility...And he's failing the organization and fans.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I’ll repeat what I mentioned while back, Sorokin has become mentally weak since Carolina series.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011

If Trotz was still coach (or we had any good one), no one on the ice would be getting a pass.

But this team and coaching staff were all assembled by Lou and are his responsibility...And he's failing the organization and fans.
Gotta agree. This is Lou's team now.

Too bad this team decided to tank a year after the Bedard sweepstakes.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA

This is where we part company. Would we be better with BT behind the bench? Almost certainly, I don't dispute that, but Isles fans have deified BT to the point of ridiculousness. The coach who could do no wrong. I'm not going to reopen the debate about what happened in the past and the circumstances that contributed to it all, but in my opinion this is still about the Isles roster more than it is about coaching.

Ultimately though, we end up at the same place. This is all on Lou.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I hate to say it but the farther this team has gone from the Snow the incredibly worse this team has gotten. I mean yes it was a team effort between the 2 GMS but I don't see how we can complain anymore about Snow's coaching decisions. Lambert's 2 seasons here have been a disaster. I would take Capuano over this any day. I did miss the game how did it go btw.
Capuano? Ok this thread has officially jumped the shark. Tomorrow should be interesting. Good night

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Capuano? Ok this thread has officially jumped the shark. Tomorrow should be interesting. Good night
Capuano over Lambert? Absolutely 1000%. Lou's new voice is a complete joke. I don't know how anyone can defend Lou's decision to hire the guy at this point. Someone explain it to me. Capuano is second only to Al Arbour in number of wins in franchise history. In 2014-15 after just a few years of team development, Capuano guided the Islanders to a 47-28-7 record with 101 points and the following year a 45-27-10 record. It was the franchise's best season since 1983-84, when it lost to the Edmonton Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final and Capuano didn't incorporate this limp dick approach to the game ala Trotz. Snow made one the best decisions in franchise history making this guy the coach. Lambert completely sucks. I'd hire Capuano back any day of the week.

Last edited:

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Average attendance is close to capacity
So far when the Isles were technically in playoff position.

Wonder what the owners will think in March and April when there's sub-10k in UBS, and during the summer when the sales reps have a difficult time getting STHs to renew.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Jeez...

You couldn't have just called Lou back then and let him know this before he gave him the extension?
I raised concerns about his play in that Carolina series, its continued over this season.

It could be temporary, but he ain’t no Vezina guy right now. More like Blaine Lacher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad