GDT: GDT #45 New York Islanders @ Chicago Blackhawks | January 19th | 8:30 PM | F/4-3 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Oh, I want him gone too. But every time we think that he's finally going to get shitcanned, he winds up sticking around. I'm just trying to predict the rationale if there's not a new coach behind the bench on Sunday night.
I’m on the same page…i want a change, but I don’t think it will happen

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I’m on the same page…i want a change, but I don’t think it will happen

At least on the last shitty road trip, they wound up getting half the available points (albeit in craptacular fashion). They also wound up going on a nice run after that.

This time, one lousy point out of 8 and now out of a playoff position. It really should be a slam dunk move. But, I think since they're still within striking distance of the playoffs, we may have to continue to endure Lane's tenure.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Oh, I want him gone too. But every time we think that he's finally going to get shitcanned, he winds up sticking around. I'm just trying to predict the rationale if there's not a new coach behind the bench on Sunday night.
Lou thinks it’s rude to fire someone on the weekend??

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
Don't get me wrong, Lane has to go, even if it's only change for change's sake, but this is a game that a desperate team of players has to win, and given their opponent and the stakes they should win regardless of who the coach is, or even with no coach. or anything else. This is on the players and the guy who signed them all.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Sorokin needs to go on a strike, not getting enough puck support and they hung him out to dry again. He is a nice guy otherwise he would be banging his sticks on the way out.

Reactions: Osakahaus

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
At least on the last shitty road trip, they wound up getting half the available points (albeit in craptacular fashion). They also wound up going on a nice run after that.

This time, one lousy point out of 8 and now out of a playoff position. It really should be a slam dunk move. But, I think since they're still within striking distance of the playoffs, we may have to continue to endure Lane's tenure.

But that's the thing...

Does anyone seriously believe they couldn't fire Lane and get any number of assistants around the league who couldn't do at least what's he's "doing"?

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
You need like 94-95ish points for the playoffs , you think they can get 45 points in 37 games ? Doubtful with the schedule still remaining

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
But that's the thing...

Does anyone seriously believe they couldn't fire Lane and get any number of assistants around the league who couldn't do at least what's he's "doing"?
Of course he could, and he should. But whether it's Lane Lambert or anyone else, it's still a mediocre roster that is entirely too comfortable being so.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
But that's the thing...

So he's sticking around because they can't necessarily bring in anyone better at this point in time? I would think that the kick in the ass they would get as a result of his firing would be worth taking a chance on. Then at that point, if it still doesn't get them in gear, you start breaking up the band.

He shouldn't.

Of course not. But it remains a possibility.

Reactions: beach

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
So he's sticking around because they can't necessarily bring in anyone better at this point in time? I would think that the kick in the ass they would get as a result of his firing would be worth taking a chance on. Then at that point, if it still doesn't get them in gear, you start breaking up the band.

Not sure you understood my point.

I'm not sure why he's sticking around, but my points are:

1. You could install almost put any NHL assistant as head coach and the odds of it getting any worse are slim...
  2. ...Because at minimum usually firing a coach jolts a team.
  3. The fact the Lane was hired at all, much less still here, is honestly a reason to get rod of Lou.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad