GDT: GDT #1 Utah Hockey Club vs New York Islanders | October 10th | 7:30 PM | F/OTL 5-4

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
My opinion after watching the game live

-Duclair and Tsyplakov are legit here. I like both and they add much needed holes on the roster
-Holmstrom had a solid game. I dont think he was that bad
-Pageau/Dobson/Lee/Wahlstrom were the worst players. I think that Wahlstrom is cooked. Nobody is saving him. Please get Gauthier in ASAP because you need speed with Maclean and Cizikas.
-Varlamov was shaky. I dont think he was that solid. Ilya should've started but I can completely understand why he aint playing
-PK needs work...Still...
-Noah Dobson's good and bad side came to play regardlessly. He really needs to fix defense, but where he still shines is offense. We really do need more out of the defense regardlessly. Romo had a poor game too.

-Utah's jerseys are clean. I actually love the baby blue
-Guenther and Cooley are brutal and so much fun to watch. I think them just leaving Arizona's entire debacle has them playing smoother
-Sergachev is a massive gain from the Lightning. I feel like that trade is their version of the Boychuck deal.
-If there is anyone who I barely noticed, It was Doan. That goal at the end was his first touch or something. Not a good look for a guy that some wanted as a possible calder candidate IMO

Overall, okay game, but very sloppy. Its clear this team needs Engvall in it more than a guy like Wahlstrom or even Lee. If we are gonna overreact, save it for the next few games. I think that if we want to leave with a very good positive, its that our top 6 should be fine.
Well said. 5 goals against and pk woes continue. Would have been nice for Varly to make that save against Doan late and of course better d coverage. I hope Barzal makes the same concerted effort to shoot more this season and especially on the pp.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Right now Dobson’s too mentally and physically weak. He’s been that way far too long. His poor defensive game was only further enabled by the basketball defense Lambert had them playing. This is not what Roy is asking for. Teach this kid to simplify his game and pinch players against the boards to stop their forward progression. Play the man not the puck. Play a physical game for once in his life.

It’s still early with lots of hockey to play. Bury this one and keep moving forward.

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
At least we managed a point in our Home Opener- and Duclair and Tsyplakov clearly add some much needed "juice" to line-up.

Other than that- definitely put this one in the rearview, and get ready for a tough trip through the Central...

Reactions: Potvottier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad