Gary Bettman "We think the format we have works extremely well ... unless you're a Leafs fan."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I think the most important part of this statement is that it doesn't look like they plan on changing this format anytime soon.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Do we need another reason to not think that the league is out to get us? Abysmal officiating in the playoffs screwed the Leafs twice agasint bruins.

Quite frankly if this comment from Bettman doesn’t piss off the players to go out there and prove everyone wrong by winning then nothing will

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Would love to see the commish of the NBA take a shot at the Lakers... or of the NFL the Cowboys.. or of the MLB the Yankees.

What a scummy rat. His bias is showing.

it would be nice to see what would happen if leafs fans pulled there support out for a season just to see what happens to the league and it’s revenues. But who wants to do that? I wouldn’t and therefore wouldn’t expect any other fan to do it, it would be very interesting though.

but bettman knows that would never happen, if true then bias against the leafs is just something leaf fans will have to deal with

Reactions: Lilou

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
well it's true the Leafs have been screwed in round 1 the past two years. It's not a massive deal because you have to get past good teams eventually anyway, but it makes the standard of the Leafs needing to win a round to prove they're any good a bit unreasonable

Maybe they are good but not good enough. Beat a good team once in the playoffs if you want to really be considered good. Just my opinion

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
So if the Leafs become dominant, is he going to say, "unless you're a Bruins fan, or a Lightning fan..." or is he going to say, "yeah, I think we need to revisit this playoffs format..."?

Reactions: OddyOh

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Everyone’s getting a good kick in while we’re down

Indeed. Not even the Commissioner, who should be as neutral as possible until he's handing out the Stanley Cup, can refrain from taking a shot. f*** him, the DoPS, and the refs. Still can't believe that punk on Edmonton got nothing for that dirty hit on Dermott!

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I never call this place HFBoards, I always call it HIFFBoards

anyone else do the same?

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
This makes me like him more, along with him being pretty self aware about nobody liking him.

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Bettman is awesome. Great commish. Great sense of humour.

If the Leafs don’t want to be a laughing stock , it is up to them to change the narrative.
Why are u here? You clearly don't expect us to believe anything that dribbles out of your festering gob so what's the point? Is your life that sad that you need to get your jollies trolling this board and this fanbase ad infinitum?:blah::blah::blah:

Reactions: Lilou and Sniper99

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
God some of you guys are a bunch of babies. It was a joke, get over it.

The NHL does not ''hate" the Leafs. There is no conspiracy against the Leafs. You sound like a bunch of entitled pricks. Ever read the other teams GDT when they play the Leafs? They all think the NHL is conspiring WITH the Leafs. It's how all the coddled babies on this forum make themselves feel better. "My team didn't suck, it's the NHL and the refs fault because they want us to lose!" Waaaa.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The playoff format is what it is.

The Ref bribes and preference for giving southern USA ****le market audience an exciting product because they net profit like 5.97 cents annually, while they can keep screwing us over and over with horrible calls, and tilting the ice because no matter what MLSE makes millions per year even during our tank year.

Quoted for truth.

I don't know about you but I am not enjoying my leafs product right now or the league as much. It's a neutered sport right now, too soft and not as entertaining as in the past. My excitement during games has gone down every year I've the past 5 or 6 years. I thought it age but seeing some competitive series in the PO gave good value.

Sadly Leafs fans need to start ignoring them for real change to happen. When the crowds thin, they will respond. We are the NHLs free wallet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad