Speculation: Garrioch: Pinto's camp is looking to sign an offer sheet tomorrow

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I don't think this is certain.

They only have 11M in cap space with 15 roster spots filled. 6.8M would handcuff them. It would also put them in a major position of weakness if they are negotiating any deal to move Chychrun. They are trying to add a top 4 RHD, which should cost them 5M+ in cap.

But that 15 player with 11.5 mil doesn't include pinto himself, nor Kleven and Ostapchuk which are making the team at under a mil. Heck, it doesn't even include Norris' roster spot, but it includes his cap hit.

So it all of a sudden becomes 19 players with 4 mil cap space. No problem to get another couple players for 4 mil.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think Sens would just match no?
They will unless someone offers him like 7 mil. I just don’t think GM’s bother much with offer sheets because they’re 90% going to get matched and it just makes you a target the next time you have an important RFA. There usually isn’t much to gain from it.

There’s also the possibility that the Sens wait a full 7 days to match, leaving the other team in limbo to make other moves during free agency.

Last edited:

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
They will unless someone offers him like 7 mil. I just don’t think GM’s bother much with offer sheets because they’re 90% going to get matched and it just makes you a target the next time you have an important RFA. There usually isn’t much to gain from it.

There’s also the possibility that the Sens wait a full 7 days to match, leaving the other team in limbo to make other moves during free agency.
There's no reality where Pinto is a 7M player right now. He might be, but the risk is too big, especially if he is more like a 3-4M player. If his next QO is 7M and he isn't worth it, then the team gave up a 1st 2nd and 3rd for nothing.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I think they match but after paying Pinto more than they were anticipating they will probably start pushing hard to move Norris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad