Rumor: Garrioch - Anaheim Ducks to be extremely active this deadline

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Given the ridiculous ask for Kreider/Tatar, I wonder if there could anything be done for Rakell that does not include the Avs top3 prospects in Byram/Newhook/Timmins.

Not sure what the needs are in Anaheim currently but I would move a combination of 1st, prospects like Kaut/Bowers/Zhuravlyov and potentially roster players like Zadorov (would have to be reflected in the other pieces)/Graves/Kamenev/Jost to make it happen. I am not sure that would get me in the ballpark but I figure it doesn't hurt asking.

Reactions: Dmang714

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
What are you even talking about? Vatanen trade was pretty even, but Montour went for meh (Tracey) and trash (Guhle). Theodore had to be traded because BM somehow thought Bieksa was worth keeping , for some unknown reason he gave away Wild Bill to so Wisniewski could hang in the pressbox, and lost Petterson so Sprong could hang in SD.

Literally the ONLY thing in there that could be considered a win is Henrique for Vatanen, and even that's pretty well negated by the contract he handed out to henrique afterwards.

Could be worst. Murray normally hands out NMC like its candy on Halloween. But Henrique wasn’t worth the trouble now having a RHD problem in Anaheim. And as much as I know our top 6 is horrible? There’s also defense issues. Henrique by no means was worth the head ache.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Can you please quote any of us saying this draft doesn't have talent?

So you’re denying saying it as a meme because I’m fixated on picks? Isn’t a pun on this draft class? Every thread I goto you’re making fun and having a meme about my choices on trades for picks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Given the ridiculous ask for Kreider/Tatar, I wonder if there could anything be done for Rakell that does not include the Avs top3 prospects in Byram/Newhook/Timmins.

Not sure what the needs are in Anaheim currently but I would move a combination of 1st, prospects like Kaut/Bowers/Zhuravlyov and potentially roster players like Zadorov (would have to be reflected in the other pieces)/Graves/Kamenev/Jost to make it happen.
what about something around
1st + Bowers + Helleson

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So you’re denying saying it as a meme because I’m fixated on picks? Isn’t a pun on this draft class? Every thread I goto you’re making fun and having a meme about my choices on trades for picks.
I mean if your asking me if I think your a meme, yes I do think you are a meme.

Reactions: dracom

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Not sure what the needs are in Anaheim currently but I would move a combination of 1st, prospects like Kaut/Bowers/Zhuravlyov and potentially roster players like Zadorov (would have to be reflected in the other pieces)/Graves/Kamenev/Jost to make it happen. I am not sure that would get me in the ballpark but I figure it doesn't hurt asking.
What about dropping the first to a second to upgrade on the prospect

Reactions: Getz2noone

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
what about something around
1st + Bowers + Helleson

Love Bowers and positionally would prefer to move a winger prospect but at the end of the day I would do that pretty easily if it saves me from overpaying for Chris Kreider or Tatar.
Think you could probably get a bit more anyways like upgrading Helleson to Zhuravlyov.

Whats the story with Rakell anyways? Was a big fan of his when he broke through but haven't really followed the Ducks since then all too much.

@Dmang714:

The whole point of my offer was to see if it could get done without having to include Byram/Timmins/Newhook. So if you are talking of them then no dice. If you are talking other prospects (aside from maybe Annunen given that we don't have any other quality goalie in the system really), sure...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Love Bowers and positionally would prefer to move a winger prospect but at the end of the day I would do that pretty easily if it saves me from overpaying for Chris Kreider or Tatar.
Whats the story with Rakell anyways? Was a big fan of his when he broke through but haven't really followed the Ducks since then all too much.
Hes more or less a complimentary top line winger... but right now we don't really have a 1c in Anaheim(or any type of offensive help for that matter) ... and our powerplay/scoring is abysmal... so statistically hes gone down(but its a team wide thing).

I think if a contender buys on him, they will be very happy with what they get. Obviously his contract is a huge bonus for any top teams(3.8 over next 3 playoff runs) is a big deal and you put him in some of those offenses with capable powerplays and hes likely going to get you 25/60 minimum.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I keep saying that to Anaheim fans. But they don’t believe me. @heusy_79 @Getz2noone @Spazkat these are the players who don’t think this draft is that epic.

Nah that's completely untrue, I'm well aware of the strength of this draft and pay much closer attention to all things prospects and draft related than you do.

You have a habit of exaggerating in throwing words like generational around too liberally or claiming that guys like Barron are guaranteed franchise defensemen, and that's when I've disagreed with you. Even in the strongest of drafts like 03, over half the first round picks didn't turn out to be impact players. It's a great draft but you often far overstate the likelyhood of a late 1st rounder becoming anything of consequence.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I mean if your asking me if I think your a meme, yes I do think you are a meme.

Well apparently this meme knows more about the draft than you do. And glad to see an Ottawa fan telling you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. I said this exact same thing that a Getzlaf and Perry is in this draft first round. Did I NOT Say that? A month ago?

I didn’t mention it at all as well. He did. And I was right. If Anaheim trades for a teens pick. Anaheim has the potential to find it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well apparently this meme knows more about the draft than you do. And glad to see an Ottawa fan telling you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. I said this exact same thing that a Getzlaf and Perry is in this draft first round. I didn’t mention it. He did. And I was right. If Anaheim trades for a teens pick. Anaheim has the potential to find it.
I mean you make no sense most of the time, and a random fan on hfboards isn't really going to prove your opinions.

Yes ive said there is a chance we can get some good assets, hell ive prob suggested moving for a 1st more than you on the forums.

But theres also a chance we end up with nick Ritchie and Jacob Larsson.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Hes more or less a complimentary top line winger... but right now we don't really have a 1c in Anaheim(or any type of offensive help for that matter) ... and our powerplay/scoring is abysmal... so statistically hes gone down(but its a team wide thing).

I think if a contender buys on him, they will be very happy with what they get. Obviously his contract is a huge bonus for any top teams(3.8 over next 3 playoff runs) is a big deal and you put him in some of those offenses with capable powerplays and hes likely going to get you 25/60 minimum.

Ah ok. Bascially what I figured. His contract isn't a huge bonus for the Avs given their oodles of capspace for the next 2 years (and the third one would be managable as well I guess) it is more the extra term that would be very be appealing to me.

I am not a huge fan of Sakic trying to compensate for injury issues at the deadline but if a deal could get done without including our top3 prospects, I would certainly be in favor of making it worth Murrays while. Avs have a ton of very good depth in their system and can easily afford to trade a few very good prospects and their 1st for someone like Rakell.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ah ok. Bascially what I figured. His contract isn't a huge bonus for the Avs given their oodles of capspace for the next 2 years (and the third one would be managable as well I guess) it is more the extra term that would be appealing for me.

I am not a huge fan of Sakic trying to compensate for injury issues at the deadline but if a deal could get done without including our top3 prospects, I would certainly be in favor of making it worth Murrays while. Avs have a ton of depth in their system and can easily afford to trade a few very good prospects and their 1st for someone like Rakell.
I agree, avs are a team ive thought would make great partners for us... and they are in a good position to go all in(per say) the next few years.... Rakell adds a top 6 forward on a good contract, that can play all 3 positions... and should give you flexibility to add more pieces over the next couple years if needed.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Well apparently this meme knows more about the draft than you do. And glad to see an Ottawa fan telling you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. I said this exact same thing that a Getzlaf and Perry is in this draft first round. Did I NOT Say that? A month ago?

I didn’t mention it at all as well. He did. And I was right. If Anaheim trades for a teens pick. Anaheim has the potential to find it.

You claim to be some sort of expert on the draft, yet you've proven to be grossly misinformed on the first ranked player alone. Stating that you wouldn't keep Lafreniere in the NHL was complete lunacy. He's well over two points per game in junior and isn't AHL eligible, and like all #1 overall picks will be headed straight to the NHL for sure.

You should really stop kidding yourself, you don't follow the draft or prospects any closer than anyone else who reads the same articles and rankings you do. Even then you seem to do a poor job of processing the information when you say things like "Barron is a guaranteed franchise Dman" or question Lafreniere being in the NHL next year or compare Trevor Zegras to Nick Ritchie.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I mean you make no sense most of the time, and a random fan on hfboards isn't really going to prove your opinions.

Yes ive said there is a chance we can get some good assets, hell ive prob suggested moving for a 1st more than you on the forums.

But theres also a chance we end up with nick Ritchie and Jacob Larsson.

Still potential with ritchie but hasnt found his scoring touch yet... i think the fan base would be split on ritchie. I think a guy like vanek really fills out our offense l. And id say
Larson 1st ritchie for tanev vanek, we prob have to add another pick of some sort.

Rakell getzlaf perry
Vanek henrique kase
Cogliano kesler silf
Wagner grant/vermette brown

Lindholm tanev
Fowler manson

3rd line gets complicated without moving beauch but montour would be on it.

I feel like terry will win here... but I like comtois.

Big, skates well, great shot, great hands... a bit edgy... I think he can really be a dominant force off the wing for Anaheim in the near future.

End of the result? Ritchie is ass and Terry also ass Comtois also ass.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
End of the result? Ritchie is ass and Terry also ass Comtois also ass.
What does any of those posts show?

Comtois is good winger with upside.
Terry is good winger with upside.

Ritchie is meh, I mean that post you quote was me basically said Ritchie wasn't ready and lacked a scoring touch... and that stands now.

never forget, you thought etem was better than Crosby

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad