Rumor: Garrioch - Anaheim Ducks to be extremely active this deadline

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Hes really an underrated poster... I assume most east coast fans are asleep when hes posting so they don't realize how good he is.

Hes kinda like Illpucks, bernmister, and the other guy who always has the really good hot takes.
Illpucks, Bern, DominicBoltsFan, Jdog, and now 405Exit. These are my favourite posters.

I live in Vancouver, so I'm kind of surprised I don't see more of his posts.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Illpucks, Bern, DominicBoltsFan, Jdog, and now 405Exit. These are my favourite posters.

I live in Vancouver, so I'm kind of surprised I don't see more of his posts.
He used to go by the name Ducksgo… was famously known for insisting Etem was going to be better than Crosby.

Reactions: Masch78

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
He said you don't think that, implying you.

My implying was, from Merlin? That Comtois and Ritchie, as well as Terry need more time. That’s how I read it. Being permanent on a losing Ducks roster. And if that’s what he or she is referring to. That’s not the case. Lafrenier can play now.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
He used to go by the name Ducksgo… was famously known for insisting Etem was going to be better than Crosby.

This is always the assumption. As soon as a board member disagrees with a statement? Or a fact. Astronomical proportions come out. I find it hilarious, all of those user names are under one identical IP address. So apparently I live in Ottawa, I live in Toronto, and I also live in Texas. Makes sense why you said Terry was the next up and comer.

Beware HF. Apparently people who disagree is fish tailed into a muck of other board people.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This is always the assumption. As soon as a board member disagrees with a statement? Or a fact. Astronomical proportions come out. I find it hilarious, all of those user names are under one identical IP address. So apparently I live in Ottawa, I live in Toronto, and I also live in Texas. Makes sense why you said Terry was the next up and comer.
You keep talking about me like im super in love with Terry.... when I was always on the lower tier of his upside.

I think he has skill, and I think he can be a top 6 player at some point in his career, but I was never overly sold on his upside.

Also.. wtf are you even talking about?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
My implying was, from Merlin? That Comtois and Ritchie, as well as Terry need more time. That’s how I read it. Being permanent on a losing Ducks roster. And if that’s what he or she is referring to. That’s not the case. Lafrenier can play now.

You said twice just the other day that you wouldn't have Lafreniere play now. We could call it another one of your classic changes of heart, but it's obviously another case of you sliding the goalposts around to fit whatever narrative you happen to be spewing at a given time.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You said twice just the other day that you wouldn't have Lafreniere play now. We could call it another one of your classic changes of heart, but it's obviously another case of you sliding the goalposts around to fit whatever narrative you happen to be spewing at a given time.

If Getzlaf won’t retire? Which I’ve heard because he’s in a losing situation on the Anaheim NHL boards?

Let Lafrenier play. Give him first line minutes with Getz. We need protection on that first line. But to your point? I’m done with mediocrity. We’ve always done your roller coaster of a screw up with AHL level talent taking top 6 minutes. Can’t go wrong now

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Nils Lundqvist might make more sense for the Ducks to target, but I could also see why that wouldn't work for the Rangers.
I wouldn't say he's untouchable but I feel the Rangers wouldn't move him in most situations. Defensively I think they're trying to get rid of either Skjei or DeAngelo and I think Anthony is the odd man out considering the depth that's on that right side and just in general defensively. We really need more wingers and just more forward depth. I could definitely see Kase+prospect+pick for DeAngelo. I don't know how much they'd want him, but since they were in on Faulk I think it's obvious they want a right shot offensive defenseman. I think DeAngelo would look good in a Ducks jersey

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I wouldn't say he's untouchable but I feel the Rangers wouldn't move him in most situations. Defensively I think they're trying to get rid of either Skjei or DeAngelo and I think Anthony is the odd man out considering the depth that's on that right side and just in general defensively. We really need more wingers and just more forward depth. I could definitely see Kase+prospect+pick for DeAngelo. I don't know how much they'd want him, but since they were in on Faulk I think it's obvious they want a right shot offensive defenseman. I think DeAngelo would look good in a Ducks jersey
What indicates that they’re trying to trade DeAngelo?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
EXPLAIN @405Exit WHAT IS THIS POST ABOUT! HOW COME YOU KEEP FLIP FLOPPING?!

ANSWER ME NOW

Im answering you right now!!! IF GETZLAF WONT RETIRE??? And pull a hopeful Fricken 2 years to groom our top 5 pick wing? SEND HIM up! I’m done with the f***ing Grants, I’m done with all of these AHL players. We may have 2 seasons before Getzlaf hangs em up. And I’m not throwing Zegras a line full of Noobs. Your Terry and Comtois consensus is ass.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Oiler fans seem hot on cold on rakell value... I mean ive seen oiler fans suggest 2nd + Benson gets it done on these trade boards before.

Large fanbases have more people, and as such are more likely to have people on the outside ranges of a distribution curve. Means sometimes you get posters with weird valuations and high homerism.

It's unfortunate, but it's true across the board (see; TML, Bruins, Habs, Rags, Oilers, Pens, Flyers, Nucks... Most popular teams and also the "most unreasonable" fan bases), some people just are bad at assessing value and compromising / discussing. Large fan bases have more of these people, just by raw statistics.

I think all Oilers fans think that Rakell is a top tier player and would love to have him. Certainly I think most would say he likely costs a first + a blue chip ++, and I think we would all want that kind of return if he was ours.

Sounds like Holland wants to go bargain bin shopping though, doesn't want to pay any big assets, per our media. That could just be smoke for negotiation though, idk.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
What indicates that they’re trying to trade DeAngelo?
The Rangers have too many defenseman in their system. DeAngelo can't play up in the lineup because he's on the third pair due to Fox and Trouba on that right side. DeAngelo plays on the powerplay though because that's where he's his absolute strongest. But with Lundkvist (who is very similar to DeAngelo), Hajek, Rykov, and K'andre Miller coming up in the next couple years it makes someone like DeAngelo expendable and the most realistic thing you'd do as a GM in this position is trade from your defensive depth to acquire more forward depth. It would mostly center around Kase for DeAngelo but there'd most certainly be other pieces. Anthony ain't no slouch of an asset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: duckpuck

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Hes really an underrated poster... I assume most east coast fans are asleep when hes posting so they don't realize how good he is.

Hes kinda like Illpucks, bernmister, and the other guy who always has the really good hot takes.

Ah, Bernmeister... He's the best once you stop taking him seriously.

Prior to the Eberle / Strome deal he told me it would take Draisaitl to acquire Strome. Lol.

Reactions: Getz2noone

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If Getzlaf won’t retire? Which I’ve heard because he’s in a losing situation on the Anaheim NHL boards?

Let Lafrenier play. Give him first line minutes with Getz. We need protection on that first line. But to your point? I’m done with mediocrity. We’ve always done your roller coaster of a screw up with AHL level talent taking top 6 minutes. Can’t go wrong now

I agree, if we are lucky enough to land Lafreniere, we play him right away. He realistically could be the Ducks best forward right off the hop, if not by the end of his first year. Even if the team isn't contending, in the very least it still keeps the fans coming out and renews excitement about the team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Large fanbases have more people, and as such are more likely to have people on the outside ranges of a distribution curve. Means sometimes you get posters with weird valuations and high homerism.

It's unfortunate, but it's true across the board (see; TML, Bruins, Habs, Rags, Oilers, Pens, Flyers, Nucks... Most popular teams and also the "most unreasonable" fan bases), some people just are bad at assessing value and compromising / discussing. Large fan bases have more of these people, just by raw statistics.

I think all Oilers fans think that Rakell is a top tier player and would love to have him. Certainly I think most would say he likely costs a first + a blue chip ++, and I think we would all want that kind of return if he was ours.

Sounds like Holland wants to go bargain bin shopping though, doesn't want to pay any big assets, per our media. That could just be smoke for negotiation though, idk.
The 1 thing I would say... is Rakell is kinda a long term solution(well next 3 playoff runs)… the west is fairly open and the oilers are in a good spot to make a run imo.

I assume Holland doesn't want to trade assets for rentals, but good players that are signed for a few years might make him open up a bit. If oilers did add Rakell

Rakell Mcdavid Kassian
RNH Drai Yamamoto

would be a pretty good top 6... hell oilers might have interest in Derek Grant too for their bottom 6.

Reactions: 11Justin93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad