Value of: Garland or Beauvillier for a similarly paid defenceman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Are they not already spending enough money on D? They just added Hronek and don't even know what that addition is going to do for them yet, right? From an outside perspective I just feel like this isn't really needed, but Canucks fans would obviously know better than I do.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Are they not already spending enough money on D? They just added Hronek and don't even know what that addition is going to do for them yet, right? From an outside perspective I just feel like this isn't really needed, but Canucks fans would obviously know better than I do.
Garland to the Habs for Dvorak?

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I am operating under the assumption that they try to dump Myers after his bonus is paid out. The Canucks’ biggest needs are a top 4 RHD and 3C.

Reactions: Sparty

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Garland for Brodie

Holy heck. Quick, send in the paperwork. No backsies.

That'd be a massive steal for Vancouver. Brodie is worth so much more than Garland, and on a good contract. :laugh:

Realistically...i don't think that what the Canucks need on defence is...a "Garland/Beauvillier" calibre guy. They've already got lots of fringe Top-4 clutter tbh. Up front at forward and on defence, there's a boatload of middle of roster filler guys now. What is needed...is still a guy who is at least a pseudo top-pairing capable RD to play big minutes with Hughes.

Or really...i don't actually understand how the Canucks blueline is supposed to function with Hronek and Hughes. I'd have said what they need is a real "hard minutes shutdown D with size"...but it seems like they're kinda steering toward just having two offensive soft minutes pairings and no real shutdown unit. Doesn't make sense to me. But still probably generally looking for a more "stay at home" complement to either Hughes or Hronek (if OEL doesn't rebound at all).

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You guys want Nate Schmidt back? :sarcasm:

I don't think Nate Schmidt wants the Canucks back. :laugh:

Though on paper, it still feels like it should've worked out a lot better than it did. Would be curious to see how he'd pair up with Hronek now, or maybe even OEL...but i don't think anybody wants to actually run that back again. There are certainly reasons he's constantly being pawned off by everyone.

I think Brendon Dillon would probably be of more interest. But even then...unless he develops magical chemistry with one of Hughes/Hronek...he'd basically just be adding more expensive clutter to the bottom-pairing...presumably with Myers. Which would be a very expensive, very chaotic 3rd pairing. Don't know that shuffling $$$ clutter around from Wing to Defence does much for Vancouver.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Avs say no. Easily say no.
I think it's something the Avs could be interested in. Manson is way overrated by fans. Bednar doesn't even think that highly of Manson. He was their 5th most-used defenseman during their Cup run (even after Girard got hurt). And this year against Seattle, Bednar very, very heavily relied on their Makar/Toews/Byram/Girard top-four and used Manson sparingly on the 3rd pair.

His efficacy will only decrease as he gets older and incurs more injuries. The Avs need to improve their forward depth. It's an interesting swap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad