Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Is Draisaitl on the way out? Where'd that name come from? :laugh: Gimme the gossip.

Fingers crossed.

Just spitballing here. Less so about Marner but still.

I found the latter half of the season more exciting considering a team like Florida going all the way (they were my pick, self pat on the back) - just like the off season speculation is more fun when objectively assessing other teams right now. The Penguins are a bit depressing if I'm honest about it. Like, we're not going Chicago or Colorado a few years back and weaponizing 50M in cap space and we're not even trying to be relevant - so instead of being genuinely confused as a fan I'm just turning my mind elsewhere during the blank spaces in reporting.

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
Can confirm they are interested.
mattgr.jpg

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
And the depth signings will ultimately beat out the Poulin's, Ponomarev's, Koivunen's and even Puljujarvi's and Puustinen's of this world. Because, Sullivan.

Not even mentioning Yager anymore. I mean, you have to sign a contract to play in the NHL.
Yager won't be signed until Training Camp. There isn't any rush. His contract doesn't slide until later this year because of his age. I've seen you go on and on about this but it's just not a priority right now because of the Draft and Free Agency. They will sit down and talk with him and his agent at the prospect camp and that would be the earliest it gets signed.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
There was a big change behind the scenes in Pittsburgh.

According to several sources, staff were notified Friday that David Beeston, co-head of Fenway Sports Management and a Penguins' alternate governor, is stepping down. Apparently, he’s joining the private equity firm Clearlake Capital. (Clearlake is incredibly influential, it bought a majority stake in Chelsea FC in 2022.)

Beeston, who did not respond to requests for comment, played a major role in Fenway’s Penguins purchase and in recruiting current President of Hockey Operations and GM Kyle Dubas.

:laugh: Baited his idiot billionaire friends into a stupid purchase, a stupid hiring, and then pulled the rip cord. Love that.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
For all we know, Brayden has done a Rutger McGroarty-level scan of how we develop prospects, and wants nothing to do with this.

Would not blame the kid if he did, too.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Dubas and Sullivan have a great working relationship. Look at how it’s going guys!
I mean, they do. They seem to get along very well and are on the same page on everything. The issue is that they're both dipshits and their vision is a farce as the team circles the drain. :laugh:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Wait that’s nuts lmao. Clearlake is not doing well. Overleveraged.

Pay is best there is though, I’d imagine it’s about that. In the right role Beeston would clear what McDavid makes. Could be Pens were his idea and FSG pushed him out however, you never know.

Sounds like someone else will now be the guy Pens management reports to which is interesting.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Wait that’s nuts lmao. Clearlake is not doing well. Overleveraged.

Pay is best there is though, I’d imagine it’s about that. In the right role Beeston would clear what McDavid makes. Could be Pens were his idea and FSG pushed him out however, you never know.

Sounds like someone else will now be the guy Pens management reports to which is interesting.
Maybe they’re having buyer’s remorse and will sell.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think one of the biggest reasons there aren't more offer sheets is that teams have 1 month to match. If the timeline was 1 business day it would be a lot easier to plan your offseason. If you have a potential big contract floating off your books for a month while everyone else is signing guys to firm deals you risk getting left with nothing.

Yea they should really shorten that window to like 3 days. An entire month is silly.

Reactions: Sideline

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Maybe they’re having buyer’s remorse and will sell.
FSG is not normal finance firm but typically you don’t leave at Beeston’s level unless it’s to start your own firm or retire. Golden handcuffs are very real. Typically… it means fund is not doing well and your carried interest is wiped or you were pushed out.

However there’s a real chance the pay difference is crazy. Again FSG is not really in the Wall Street bucket, Clearlake fully is. So I don’t really wanna speculate on the reasoning. People kill to be seniors at places like Clearlake, Blackstone because you can make crazy money.

Could actually affect the Penguins if Beeston was the guy who ran point on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad