Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The problem with not bringing back Joseph is the hole it creates. His chemistry with Letang was probably good enough to keep Graves sheltered next to St. Ivany.

Dumping him probably puts Graves-Letang back together. Not good.

Trade Poulin and San Jose's 2026 3rd for Robertson's RFA rights please.

That's the exact kind of thing Dubas said he'd do with the added picks.

OR, we do what you proposed originally...Jarry for Robertson.

Makes more sense for us, if not Toronto.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
I don’t know why but I’m feeling a massive bounce back year from Graves.. no reason, just a hunch.. ala Paul Martin. I be extremely content with no adds to the roster tomorrow/ bargain hunting after all the money is gone. We really need to start putting faith in our younger guys in the bottom 6

DOC - Sid - Rust
Bunting - Geno - Rakell
Smith - Ponomarev - Koivunen
Puljujarvi/Eller/Hayes - Eller/Hayes - Acciari

Pettersson - Karlsson
Graves - Letang
Ludvig - St. Ivany

Ned
Jarry

Just my two cents

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don’t know why but I’m feeling a massive bounce back year from Graves.. no reason, just a hunch.. ala Paul Martin. I be extremely content with no adds to the roster tomorrow/ bargain hunting after all the money is gone. We really need to start putting faith in our younger guys in the bottom 6

DOC - Sid - Rust
Bunting - Geno - Rakell
Smith - Ponomarev - Koivunen
Puljujarvi/Eller/Hayes - Eller/Hayes - Acciari

Pettersson - Karlsson
Graves - Letang
Ludvig - St. Ivany

Ned
Jarry

Just my two cents

I don't get any vibe that Koivunen is NHL ready or Ponomarev is ready for a 3C role.

My bet is that Eller stays at 3C, Hayes is either 4C or 4RW and they start with something like:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Smith-Eller-Puustinen/Free Agent
Poulin/Ponomarev-Hayes-Acciari

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Wonder if Dubas helps TB out taking a bad contract with a pick added so TB keeps Stamkos? Like the Hayes deal. We are officially that team now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
We do. But not sure who else Tampa would move

If they're going to play, I don't really see a spot without moving other guys out. Which was a major point of my past comments about moving expensive contracts out for cap dumps.

Right now, they seem to be sitting with:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Smith-Eller-Puustinen
Poulin-Hayes-Acciari
Puljujarvi-XXXXX

Pettersson-Karlsson
XXXX-Letang
Graves-St. Ivany
XXXXX

Jarry-Nedjelkovic

I don't really see a ton of spots to take on bad deals without sending out their own bad deal. A partner for Letang is the most obvious open spot, but that's about it.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Hayton, Brannstrom, and Robertson would be exactly the types of players Dubas has been talking about. Definitely something to watch, especially if they can move out Smith and/or Acciari or more.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hayton, Brannstrom, and Robertson would be exactly the types of players Dubas has been talking about. Definitely something to watch, especially if they can move out Smith and/or Acciari or more.

How much you want to bet Dubas signs a Brodie and a Beauvillier type and you tell me that he has a plan?

If they're going to play, I don't really see a spot without moving other guys out. Which was a major point of my past comments about moving expensive contracts out for cap dumps.

Right now, they seem to be sitting with:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Smith-Eller-Puustinen
Poulin-Hayes-Acciari
Puljujarvi-XXXXX

Pettersson-Karlsson
XXXX-Letang
Graves-St. Ivany
XXXXX

Jarry-Nedjelkovic

I don't really see a ton of spots to take on bad deals without sending out their own bad deal. A partner for Letang is the most obvious open spot, but that's about it.

I don't think Poulin or Puustinen is being gifted a spot.

Big of you to think Mike Sullivan would allow both of them to be in our bottom six.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Brannstrom's like 25 years old now. He is what he is....not that great. Robertson's the most interesting of the 3 even if he's a midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay