Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Did I miss Bemstrom not being qualified?

I hope he wasn't qualified. The bloke was absolutely nothing as a project from Lumbus.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Idiots complain about POJ and then want someone small and soft as shit instead?

Lol

Imagine saying that about the Sens when at this point it's more truthful about the Pens.
POJ isn't overly physical. Brannstrom isn't very big and when you're not very big or physical, you need to skate well and put up the points. I think he skates well enough. If you lose Letang and/or EK, your puck moving and transition take a big hit and we don't any one waiting in the wings to come up and do it.

Same thing with POJ, yeah. I think if we wanted to move on there would be interest in hopes of him meeting potential under a new team and system,

These aren't bad defencemen we're talking about here.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Still think POJ is whatever but I suppose we could do worse for the third pair.

I don't trust Ludvig/Shea/St Ivany either. All put up pretty aggressively bad results.

My only thing about any of these guys is if we're gonna keep them and use them, fine so long as they're cheap. At least then Dubas isn't overpaying to get a third pair guy who is also as mid as those guys are.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
POJ can leave or stay. Really makes no difference to me. I’d prefer a more physical dman in that 5/6 role, but it’s whatever. He’s still young for d standards.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He's a f***ing dwarf and turnover machine, on an absolute shit system and team like this you think Brannstrom would be worthwhile? They didn't even give Ty Smith a shot before they moved him. So why the f*** does this bloke deserve one over him? He doesn't.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Still think POJ is whatever but I suppose we could do worse for the third pair.

I don't trust Ludvig/Shea/St Ivany either. All put up pretty aggressively bad results.

My only thing about any of these guys is if we're gonna keep them and use them, fine so long as they're cheap. At least then Dubas isn't overpaying to get a third pair guy who is also as mid as those guys are.
I thought St. I was more effective than the other two by a decent margin. But he's no more than a third pairing, whereas I'd consider the other two tweeners.

POJ is a third-pairing guy who maybe has some upside to a second pair. I thought he was out of his element when he was paired with Letang last year. If we lose him and we tank next year, his absence won't be the reason.

Reactions: Pancakes

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Brannstrom is intriguing but I don’t see how he fits here. You aren’t pairing him with Karlsson or Letang unless you want them to get eaten alive defensively.. so he’s on the off-side on the 3rd pairing with either Graves or Joseph? Sullivan isn’t employing that. And even if he did that’s not putting him in a position to succeed.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
St. Ivany was very solid when given his chance. Could he regress? Of course. But he is stable and reliable, and we need both of that in spades.

Brannstrom with St. Ivany makes sense, but then Graves...

Reactions: Shady Machine

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I guess this is now the thread where we dunk on the Leafs for giving Tanev 5MM on a long term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay