Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Nylander is Kasperi Kapanen 2.0. He's going to go right back to sucking ass next opportunity he gets.

This is another example of people getting blinded by short term results like they were when Kap had his brief heater for St. Louis.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I get people being miffed at pixies etc. but I mean... plugging your ears and saying "everyone be happy" while the team is in the middle of going on ten years of ineffectual management and coaching is also a little unrealistic. The end was never going to be pretty, though.
The problem is that a lot of times the negativity comes off as accusatory, almost like "This is your fault because you didn't rage hard enough! Because you weren't as negative as I am! You've got your head buried in the sand, if not up Sullivan's asscheeks!"

When really, there's just nothing else to add that someone else hasn't already said.

Reactions: PenguinSuitedUp

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Dubas has made two good moves, to me. Getting a 2nd for a relatively cheap bottom-6 shlub that the team can bury minutes-wise, and trading a buncha Hextall's dogshit trash and a couple of picks for a 100pt Norris winner. He's allied himself with a loser coach -years- beyond his expiration date, who tried to turn said Norris winner into Paul Martin. He signed two bums in Jarry and Graves to "boy I hope this doesn't backfir--it backfired" deals. He's kept the bottom-6 in the same state of ineptitude and anemia Hextall did. I still don't believe the Canes' return was the best he could've gotten for Jake, I think he just didn't want to trade Jake to teams the fans would find unsavory (rumor has it the Rangers were in big time, to the tune of Othmann).

Like, I know it's early in his tenure and I don't really give a f*** about the era anymore--waiting to see what he does post-Sid--but outside of EK falling into his lap and taking on a bad player for an earlier 2nd round pick, his moves have all been duds or outright awful imo.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Agreed, but some ppl have their agendas. They take things entirely out of context because is doesn't fit with their ridiculous and baseless narrative.

The Jake trade looking back was fantastic. Anyone who disagrees is either a Jake fanboi or a person who can't accept the inevitable rebuild.

I would have liked to get 2 great assets as opposed to 3 good ones + Bunting. But it wasn't a bad trade and I am glad the org is accumulating assets.

Reactions: Ryder71

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
How many teams flipped their coach last year and immediately turned their fortunes around?

Getting hung up on coaching in the NHL is folly. Always has been... probably always will be. It's not the NFL. I don't understand also how you can say in one sentence how it's pointless to fire the coach because they cannot contend but you are also interested in what Sullivan can do without Reirden? What's the point? Don't you think Reirden's decisions were being largely informed by the head coach, regardless? Hell... Mike basically picks the roster. I'm quite sure he's in total control of the bench.
I’m genuinely interested to see what happens without Rierden, yes. That doesn’t mean I think the team will win a Cup without him. But I can hope they’ll be a lot less frustrating on the powerplay and that their defensive system changes to something that works better for our group of players. None of us know what’s going on in the locker room or what kind of autonomy Sullivan gives Rierden, Rierden gives his players, etc. But I do know that this team’s defense and special teams have looked like crap with Rierden.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
How many teams flipped their coach last year and immediately turned their fortunes around?

Getting hung up on coaching in the NHL is folly. Always has been... probably always will be. It's not the NFL. I don't understand also how you can say in one sentence how it's pointless to fire the coach because they cannot contend but you are also interested in what Sullivan can do without Reirden? What's the point? Don't you think Reirden's decisions were being largely informed by the head coach, regardless? Hell... Mike basically picks the roster. I'm quite sure he's in total control of the bench.
The four teams in the Conference Finals had replaced their respective coaches within the previous two seasons.

Depending on who was hired first, either DeBoer or Maurice was the most tenured at just over a year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The problem is that a lot of times the negativity comes off as accusatory, almost like "This is your fault because you didn't rage hard enough! Because you weren't as negative as I am! You've got your head buried in the sand, if not up Sullivan's asscheeks!"

When really, there's just nothing else to add that someone else hasn't already said.

Sorry. It’s just hockey talk. I only try and be mean to Ryder because he’s old and a encapsulation of the downfall of America as a human being.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I would have liked to get 2 great assets as opposed to 3 good ones + Bunting. But it wasn't a bad trade and I am glad the org is accumulating assets.
It was a damn good trade, we got some good prospects a pick and a top six guy who contributed right away for a UFA.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Nylander is Kasperi Kapanen 2.0. He's going to go right back to sucking ass next opportunity he gets.

This is another example of people getting blinded by short term results like they were when Kap had his brief heater for St. Louis.
Yeah there’s definitely players who we let go that have looked great elsewhere that we can point to Sullivan misusing. Nylander was not one of them. Had a nice streak after he left but he’ll regress to his usual sucking mean starting this season.

Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I’m genuinely interested to see what happens without Rierden, yes. That doesn’t mean I think the team will win a Cup without him. But I can hope they’ll be a lot less frustrating on the powerplay and that their defensive system changes to something that works better for our group of players. None of us know what’s going on in the locker room or what kind of autonomy Sullivan gives Rierden, Rierden gives his players, etc. But I do know that this team’s defense and special teams have looked like crap with Rierden.

They just hired thrice-warmed-over loser David Quinn to run the powerplay. Because he's Sullivan's buddy and from Bahhhhhhhstahn.

Is that something that entices you or strikes you as a wise decision? Do you think that will lead to a better powerplay? Maybe just uprooting the whole invasive weed would have been much better? Especially if we are "rebuilding?"

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
I get people being miffed at pixies etc. but I mean... plugging your ears and saying "everyone be happy" while the team is in the middle of going on ten years of ineffectual management and coaching is also a little unrealistic. The end was never going to be pretty, though.
I don’t think that’s what’s going on. There’s a lot of valid criticism to be had. But for this trade, or for Dubas not firing a coach less than a year into his tenure with the team?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Pixies is definitely determined to suck all the oxygen out of this thread. But I get it. Dubas as some boy wonder is a farce, like the Wework guy or Theranos lady.

I have accepted the org knows it's over but just wants Sid to stay on regardless. And that is the path forward.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Speaking of ol' acorns for brains, has Kap turned tail and headed back to Europe to fade into obscurity in some D-tier pro league yet?

f***, that dude sucks, and this team spent two 1sts on him. :laugh:

Reactions: ChaosAgent

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
They just hired thrice-warmed-over loser David Quinn to run the powerplay. Because he's Sullivan's buddy and from Bahhhhhhhstahn.

Is that something that entices you or strikes you as a wise decision? Do you think that will lead to a better powerplay? Maybe just uprooting the whole invasive weed would have been much better? Especially if we are "rebuilding?"
I don’t know enough about Quinn to make an informed opinion. But I’ll come back to you in a year after I’m able to tell you one way or the other, rather than make a reactionary judgment.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Speaking of ol' acorns for brains, has Kap turned tail and headed back to Europe to fade into obscurity in some D-tier pro league yet?

f***, that dude sucks, and this team spent two 1sts on him. :laugh:
Kap won us two cups by virtue of getting us Kessel so all is forgiven there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: