GDT: Gane 6/82 Canes @ Blues 6PM CST BSMW

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Completely outclassed so far. Gotta find an extra gear if you want to keep up with the Hurricanes.

If not we'll lose by 3.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hofer has had to come out of his net to pick up loose pucks because The Blues' defence hasn't been able to stay with their men, deep inside their Zone. Good thing Hofer is very aware, a good skater, a good stick and puckhandler, and also a good passer under pressure.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not a good 1st Period for The Blues, at all! They were chasing the play most of the period, as well as hesitating on deciding what tob do and where to go (reading the play and reacting. That is surprising and disappointing considering that THEY were the rested team as The Canes played last night and arrived in St. Louis very late. Even so, THEY were the alert team, and The Blues looked like they were playing in a fog. The Blues were outshot 19 to 4, and letting The Canes hang around in front of their net. It's a good thing that Hofer was playing so well, otherewise they might be down 3 or 4 to 1.

The Blues need to come to life and take they play to The Canes, from The start of The 2nd Period.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Blues are completely on their heels against that aggressive forecheck. Center needs to come all the way back and play a bumper position for quick zone exits and hopefully catching some odd man rushes. Quick being the key word their, need faster decision making with the puck.

If I was the Blues coach I would have huge sign in the locker room that says, "skating fast and playing fast are not the same. Play fast."

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Blues are completely on their heels against that aggressive forecheck. Center needs to come all the way back and play a bumper position for quick zone exits and hopefully catching some odd man rushes. Quick being the key word their, need faster decision making with the puck.

If I was the Blues coach I would have huge sign in the locker room that says, "skating fast and playing fast are not the same. Play fast."

1- They need to stop trying to beat 3 defenders every time they touch the puck.
2- They need to stop passing to players that are already being double covered.

There is zero attempt to use the soft areas of the ice to generate possession.
And it's pathetic that the best D men on the team at holding the zone are POJ-Kessel. We need our "top 4" to start acting like they have some puck skills.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

And it's pathetic that the best D men on the team at holding the zone are POJ-Kessel. We need our "top 4" to start acting like they have some puck skills.

That's why I said they need a bumper. They are still trying to stretch ice with 2 line passes to guys who are smothered. Let the forward exit our zone with speed to back the their defense out of the neutral zone.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Broberg has been skating the puck out of danger and made some good breakout passes. But, I agree that the other three need to start contributing in those areas.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
That's why I said they need a bumper. They are still trying to stretch ice with 2 line passes to guys who are smothered. Let the forward exit our zone with speed to back the their defense out of the neutral zone.
I'm talking about in the offensive zone.
IF Thomas tries to force another pass to Kyrou when Kyrou already has 2 defenders draped over him, he should miss his next shift. He's gotta be smarter than that.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This is 100% unacceptable to be outclassed like this against a team who played halfway across the country last night.

Bad coaching and even worse internal leadership on the roster itself.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Broberg has been skating the puck out of danger and made some good breakout passes. But, I agree that the other three need to start contributing in those areas.
Broberg has made some very nice transition plays.
He really hasn't been in a position to show any kind of ability to be an option in a cycle-based offense.
I think he COULD be good there, but he hasn't had the chance to show it. So far the team hasn't even made an effort to actually maintain offensive zone possession outside of a few shifts from the WTF line. All of our offensive efforts seem to be in generating rush opportunities.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
This is going to be another year where we save up all our shots and use them in the second.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
If the Blues are serious they want to be a playoff team they need to trade for a top 6 F or one of Neighbours, Bolduc, Holloway, or Texier needs to step up.

Add Schenn, Saad, and Joseph into that Group
I think they need to add a better goal scorer than Texier will ever be, or Texier would need to start setting up his linemates on the level of an Adam Oates, to boost their scoring enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad