Games you are currently playing - Part 7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
This 2nd act of TW3 is a slog, man. I desperately need to find Cirri but in order to do that I have to find Dandelion. Then this chain is started where in order to find Dandelion I have to talk to this person, help them out, then find the next person to talk to and help THEM out, then again, then again.

It's a lot of fetching around and 99% of the action is me slicing level 10-12 goons in half. Skellige can't get here fast enough.
You can always go to Skellige if you want a change of pace. You don't have to do the Dandelion part all at once.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
The Legend of Zelda - Echoes of Wisdom

Started slowly the first 60 minutes but I am hooked now, 3,5 hours in. Fantastic game.

Also some PUBG and Helldivers 2 with friends.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Can't remember the last single player story game that I played. Maybe Elden Ring? What an incredible game that is, probably the best and most lovingly crafted game I've ever played. Had so many legitimate "wow" moments, but I eventually gave it up after ~40 hours because it just gets too hard. I don't mind a hard boss fight, but when the random enemies are dropping off rooftops and killing me in two hits, I just get frustrated. I love the idea of Fromsoft games, and have watched tons and tons of twitch streamers play them, but I don't really care for them myself.

Funny enough, after putting down Elden Ring for being too difficult, it's Dota that accounts for 90% of my gaming nowadays. I played it since the beta (and cut my teeth in Heroes of Newerth before that), and the difficulty curve on that game is so insane that I tell people it takes 1,000 hours to get any kind of good at it. But once you do, it's a forever game; it's absolutely brilliant. I play a couple hours a few times a week with my cousin, and we've got pretty good chemistry going.

Deadlock is fun, but I don't really want to spend the 1,000 hours it will take to get good at it.

I also spent a lot of time in the last two years playing the original Guild Wars. I started a new account (first account has 5k hours) and really enjoyed building from scratch. This is another forever game for me, and it still holds up as my favourite combat system. It's a shame PvP is almost entirely dead, holy smokes do I have so many fond memories with friends playing Hall of Heroes and Guild vs Guild late into the night, and many of the things I love about GW PvP is what I love about Dota.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Having a blast in Satisfactory 1.0 release. Building a massive multistory central factory with pretty much all production other than smelting. Uses a central input/output conveyer belt system, with more complicated parts the higher the level. Also did a clean setup of the refinery next to the main factory with most of the pipes all run under the foundation.

20241003123203_1.jpg

20241003123815_1.jpg

Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad