Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Currently playing Hades, which I have to say is an excellent game. An easy 9/10, probably more as I havent finished the 10 runs to the real ending yet.

Also, if anyone is interested, there are loads of demos for upcoming indie games. One that has stood out is Death Trash. But, in general the games have been very good. Anyone who's burnt out of playing AAA games I think will be pleasantly surprised, there are some gems out there.

Reactions: robertmac43

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Currently?

PS5

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Destiny2
Ratchet And Clank (New Game)
Metro Exodus
Disco Elysium- The Final cut (such a wonderfully f***ed up game)
Returnal
Final Fantasy VII

Xbox Series X

Destiny 2
Mass Effeect Legendary Edition
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Next Gen upgrade is garbage - Don’t waste your money on it
Biomutant - Runs like crap on Next Gen
No Mans Sky
Control - Next Gen version
Cyberpunk

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Totally agree 3rd Strike improved on SF3 in every way and the parry system is tight especially, one thing I didn't like though is how Chun Li and Gen is compared to Alpha 2.
I would argue that 2nd Impact had better and more dynamic art (portraits, backgrounds, win poses, endings, etc), but that's about it.
Whoops, I thought Gen was in one of the SF3 versions...anyways, in 3 I usually choose Yun or Yang, because I remember for some reason that Chun Li wasn't as good as in alpha2 - in alpha2 I always chose Gen or Chun Li because they were better than Ken and Ryu, but of course I started playing Street Fighter 1 and 2 using Ryu and Ken.

For some reason I thought Chun Li wasn't as good in SF3 compared to in Alpha 2... maybe it was her upwards kick or something...but yeah if Oro was an older version from earlier versions that'd be cool!
Chun Li is straight up broken and OP in that game.

Last edited:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Giving Wolfenstein: The New Order a go.

It's okay. It has a good base, but I'm starting to get a little weary at this point (Chapter 10).

Update: Decided to quit, just wasn't having fun anymore. Too generic for my tastes.

Hypothetical Score: 4/10
Gameplay - 4/10
Presentation - 6/10

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Bought the Metro trilogy on Steam's Summer Sale. I'm only a couple hours into the first game and holy shit. It's rough around the edges, but it's very immersive and I feel like I actually give a damn about the story, which is rare for me with video games. Usually I just wanted to power through, but the story is actually quite interesting(I guess that's how it's an international best selling book....)

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Played the demo for Chernobyl Liquidators, Amazing set piece for the demo, Hope the full game when it comes out can carry the atmosphere of the game.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Rachet and Clank rift apart, fantastic game it is in all likelihothe game of the year unless Horizon Forbidden west comes out.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Completely agree. Bland.

It has all the elements of a classic shooter with the secrets, stealth availability and scenario, but the shooting itself leaves no impact. Too new school to feel cool with the Dooms and Halos of the world, but not visceral enough to compete with Call of Duty. :(

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Strange as it sounds... Wolfenstein is a game you play for the story.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Fantastic game that just gets better the longer in you are. I'll probably buy it again when I get a PS5 and Rockstar inevitably comes out with the PS5 version.

I spent 6 months just to 100 percent it. Best game I ever played.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Finished ME1, now onto to ME2. Still loving Yakuza:LaD, I'm in chapter 11 and shit is getting good. DLed Kiwami to play after to see if I like the main series more now, I played the first or second one when it came out on PS2 and didn't like it much, the tech held the game back.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Strange as it sounds... Wolfenstein is a game you play for the story.

Story is fine for the most part, though it does speed through some moments too quickly to feel impactful.

Additional entry - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
by Criterion

This is a tough one because it's such a greatly assembled game, with the arcadey steering that doesn't feel too loose, an attractive car selection and excellent presentation.......but I gotta be honest, outside of Burnout I've ALWAYS hated rubber banding, and man is it ever present here like a **** that won't stop flailing in my face.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've been playing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition for the last month or so. I'm going through the 8 or so campaigns and am almost onto the final Rise of Rome campaign. For the most part, it feels similar to the original game. The graphical update is very nice and not overdone. I actually didn't think that they updated it much until I loaded up the original and was surprised at how primitive it looked, so they managed to make the game look the way that I remember it, which is good.

A number of things annoy me, though. First, not having the menu music of the original is a crime. I had to borrow the music file from the original and copy it over the new one to get it back. Second, the rest of the music, while similar tunes, sound too different to evoke much nostalgia. Third, there are differences in the campaign missions that also take away the feeling that I'm playing the original game. I want the exact same maps, only updated graphically. I don't want to play some modern studio's "reimagining" of the original game and its missions.

Finally, the pathfinding is actually worse than in the 24-year-old game. If you send a unit to attack a moving enemy, it'll go to where the enemy was when you clicked and stand there like an idiot. It won't continually update your unit's pathfinding to account for the enemy's movement like even the original would. It's frustrating. Also frustrating is that your infantry and mounted units will periodically get stuck together in one spot and take stopping what you're doing and spending a minute to unstick them. It's a bug, but it's an infuriating, almost game-breaking bug.

Anyways, all of these things add up to the game not being quite as nostalgic as I was hoping for. The studio that Microsoft farmed this out to didn't do as good of a job as the folks who did Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection. That's how you remaster an old strategy game, by updating only what you really need to and leaving everything else as familiar as possible. So, AoE: DE is disappointing in a lot of ways, but it's still been fun enough for me to keep playing. I just hope that AoE2: DE is a little more faithful.

Last edited:
Reactions: aleshemsky83

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Been playing both Shogun 2 AND Rome: Total War Remastered. Will probably need to stop soon for school.

I'll think about whether to do a double review. Lots to say about both games.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Mainly Destiny 2 on PC Cross Saved to Xbox (playing on Xbox because hacking is out of control on PC) and a PS5 account along with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

PS5
Destiny 2
FIFA 21
Spiderman - Miles Morales
Destiny 1
Control
Ghost of Tsushima
Borderlands 3

Xbox Next Gen
The Medium
Cyberpunk
Destiny 2
Manifold Garden
Spiritfarer

You’re currently playing 14 games…..

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You’re currently playing 14 games…..

Here I am usually playing only one game at a time. Occasionally, I'll stretch that to two of very different genres, like a strategy or RPG for when I have hours to play and a shooter or arcade game for shorter play sessions. I can't imagine playing 14 at once. I would forget how to play them or where I was in the story/quest chain.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00