GDT: Game XX Pens VS Leafs: Should ether team even start a goalie? Would it matter?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Outcome of the game?

• Pens Regulation Win

• Leafs Regulation Win

• Pens Overtime Win

• Leafs Overtime Win

• Pens Shootout Win

• Leafs Shootout Win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If your name is Mike and a head coach in Pittsburgh you have the best job security in the world despite not doing shit for over a half a decade in the playoffs.
And you can express ridiculous platitudes and give a middle finger to the local media (read: fans) any time you want with zero repercussions lol

Reactions: TNT87

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
As much as I disagree I can at least intellectualise about why Sully has so much rope. Why the hell do we not have a new power play coach??

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
What the actual f*** does this even mean? It's like Sullivan's lost the plot at this point.

Also, with regards to the thread title, you just know the Pens will make Samsonov/Woll look great tonight even if they generate 40 shots.

It's a case of genuinely believing one's own bullshit. His arrogance is astounding

With Mike Johnston you could see the fear on his face. Sully is to high on his own fumes to be like that

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What the actual f*** does this even mean? It's like Sullivan's lost the plot at this point.

Also, with regards to the thread title, you just know the Pens will make Samsonov/Woll look great tonight even if they generate 40 shots.
I was just about to post this about Woll who’s starting tonight…prepare for us to make him look like the next Vezina candidate as we chest snipe him into eternity and give him clean looks at the puck…

“• The Maple Leafs are expected to start rookie goaltender Joseph Woll. In 10 games this season, Woll has a 6-4-0 record, a 2.90 goals against average and a .909 save percentage.

Woll has never played the Penguins.”

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's a case of genuinely believing one's own bullshit. His arrogance is astounding

With Mike Johnston you could see the fear on his face. Sully is to high on his on fumes to be like that
But, like, it doesn't even make sense. He's somehow equating questions about scoring first to questions about blown leads, as though as long as they score first then blowing leads shouldn't matter.

It would be like if my friend asked me why I'm always late for work last week, so I finally show up on time. But now he's asking why I'm always stealing from my friends and family, and I'm like, "dude, you criticize me for not showing up to work on time, and now you're asking why I keep stealing from friends and family? Make up your mind!"

Like, it's not even arrogance, it's downright stupidity.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lol…there’s no hope…

vSALcwZ.png

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sullivan is so intensely unlikable. :laugh: Just a completely arrogant prick with a "I cannot be wrong, only wronged" ego.
This latest quote is arguably his worst quote simply because it's not even arrogance, it's nonsensical.

At least with his inane "play the right way" or "stick to the plan" type quotes, it's directly answering (even in a stupid way) the question of what they need to do to win. But this quote is literally the equivalent of saying "you ask why we don't score first, and so we did. Now you're asking why we can't hold leads? Make up your mind what you want us to do!"

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This latest quote is arguably his worst quote simply because it's not even arrogance, it's nonsensical.

At least with his inane "play the right way" or "stick to the plan" type quotes, it's directly answering (even in a stupid way) the question of what they need to do to win. But this quote is literally the equivalent of saying "you ask why we don't score first, and so we did. Now you're asking why we can't hold leads? Make up your mind what you want us to do!"
The bullshit about "helping EK become a better defenseman" in the summer was his worst imo. :laugh: Just awful.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
If your name is Mike and a head coach in Pittsburgh you have the best job security in the world despite not doing shit for over a half a decade in the playoffs.
Mike Sullivan also being the new play caller for the Steelers is something you can't make up.

• Haha
Reactions: TNT87

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Atleast TB still does shit in the playoffs with their coach, our old coach can't even get this team into the playoffs anymore. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad