GDT: Game XX • RUSSELLMANIA • Hawks @ Oilers • 7:00PM • SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssseth

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton
I don't know that it's just that. If you're Russell, do you re-sign with the Oilers without any guarantee of being protected in the expansion draft? Not a chance. I think, no matter how well he plays, there's no way the Oilers can re-sign Russell until July

Agreed. A bunch of UFA's are going to hold off this year. No one wants to go to an expansion team.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
I don't really see how anyone comes out of this lineup. Maybe Pouliot for Kassian, but it's not like Kassian has had a poor game. Davidson for Benning, obviously, but I'm not sure Davidson is ready yet.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Not just 10 mins bud, He played extremely well in the preseasons games too, he's a fantastic all around player.

Anybody with be an upgrade over Lucic, McDavid doesn't deserve this ****.
I'm sure his one pro assist is really what's missing on that top line.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
They could also go for close to being NHL-ready guys like Brossoit or Khaira, depending on how the rest of their roster fills out.

Chairs (Khaira. I love autocorrect sometimes) is a big meh at this point. I like the kid, but I like Pitlick, Caggiula and Slepyshev more. We are in a position where we don't need Khaira. But having him will be a nice boon.
Brossoit can't be on their radar. He isn't performing well enough to trust him here. Especially when you could get Matt Murray as the young goalie.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
He missed the net, the hesitation didn't really matter on that one. He can't buy a goal.

I'm more talking about the mindset involved in both scenarios. If he's got the confidence to one-time it, he's probably not serving muffins anymore.

Point taken, however.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Give Eb's a break man.

Sometimes the puck doesn't sit for you. He has created ridiculous **** tons of chances recently. He is doing work. If he keeps it up he will score. A lot.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Can't believe they can't get good ice in his brand spankin new arena.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I don't really see how anyone comes out of this lineup. Maybe Pouliot for Kassian, but it's not like Kassian has had a poor game. Davidson for Benning, obviously, but I'm not sure Davidson is ready yet.

Hendricks and Pouliot.
Letestu needs back in. We need his veteranship and faceoffs. Hard decision to make. I love depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad