GDT: Game XIV Pens vs Jackets: Were going streaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

since70

Sep 27, 2016
Yea for a minute I thought Jenner was in net for us he was standing there with no white shirt near him

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
That goal gave me flashbacks of the Hagelin OT series winner in the ‘15 playoffs

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah I don't think Sully is saying hey guys don't play like you did on the 4 game win streak.

Guys thought it would be easy tonight and got a wake up call. Hopefully they can get back to how they need to play the next two periods
We are used to this, they are kind of a cocky team afterall. Just look at their PP when all they do is pass non stop. :biglaugh:

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Goals like the 2nd are gonna happen if you get a bad bounce against you, not gonna dog them too much outside of maybe they got caught on the ice too long without a change, seemed too tired to chase the cycle which allowed for the goal scorer to carry the puck to the high slot instead of someone forcing them to the outside. Jarry's screened by Jenner's big ass, not gonna blame him too harshly for that. No one near him trying to clear him out of the paint.

Far more damaging was the turnover at the blueline that led to the 1st goal against. That was completely self-inflicted and avoidable.

You're not gonna shut out every opponent, but don't give them any easy ones, make them earn every chance.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
This happens to the Penguins periodically every season and has been the case for years. They do things right, they go on a winning streak, they see a potentially easy opponent, and they lose their focus.

We'll see if the first was enough of a wake-up call or if they're going to need to take the loss for it to register.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We are used to this, they are kind of a cocky team afterall. Just look at their PP when all they do is pass non stop. :biglaugh:
Way too cocky for a team that just missed the playoffs.

Columbus isn't very good. If they get back to good habits over the next 40 minutes it's maybe still a win. We'll see

Reactions: 66-30-33 and Andy99

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
It seems like every team we actually beat goes on to lose even worse in their very next game.

Beat Avs 4-0, they also lose to Sabres 4-0
Beat Ducks 2-0, they also lose to Flyers 6-3
Beat Kings 4-3, they also lose to Flyers 4-2
Beat Sabres 4-0, they're down 3-0 in first period to Bruins

Super Duper

Oct 2, 2014
Toronto
This game is by no means out of reach. One bad bounce the pens way and it's a whole new game. Just need to fix up some issues going into the second is all

McGroarty2

Sep 28, 2017
PA
We need UPMC to send a second opinion on Big Jeff Carter. Get it on the record that this "nagging injury" will never go away so he can gracefully walk away to LTIRetirement.
He could say the genital warts he got from Hartnell's wife have spread to his hands and feet, thus his scoring/skating issues.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Way too cocky for a team that just missed the playoffs.

Columbus isn't very good. If they get back to good habits over the next 40 minutes it's maybe still a win. We'll see
Like I said, we are used to it. I think we still win but it will be kind of a frusterating game making mistakes.

Reactions: Pancakes

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It seems like every team we actually beat goes on to lose even worse in their very next game.

Beat Avs 4-0, they also lose to Sabres 4-0
Beat Ducks 2-0, they also lose to Flyers 6-3
Beat Kings 4-3, they also lose to Flyers 4-2
Beat Sabres 4-0, they're down 3-0 in first period to Bruins
Yeah, I dont think weve had any really great wins…I was hoping these upcoming games against the best in our division would bring that out but I’m losing hope lol

This happens to the Penguins periodically every season and has been the case for years. They do things right, they go on a winning streak, they see a potentially easy opponent, and they lose their focus.

We'll see if the first was enough of a wake-up call or if they're going to need to take the loss for it to register.
Even then it won’t register…look at all of last season as proof lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki