Post-Game Talk: Game XI Pens win vs Ducks: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sully would be which character:

• Darth Helmet

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Barf

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Lone Starr

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • President Skroob

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Colonel Sandurz

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Prince Valium

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The impossible happened and this team won a 1-0 game.

Genuinely would have bet that wouldn't happen this season.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
f*** Guentzel, his selfish offsides play, and his stupid f***ing jersey number.

And f*** Sully for giving GCR three minutes of ice time in the last five minutes.
Yeah that was a braindead play by Jake but it fortunately didn't hurt us. And Crosby's point streak continues with that effort lol.

Jake owes Acciari a dinner though

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
It's worrying how Crosby waits for a trailer or throws passes in closed lanes when he gets pressured, because he doesn't think he can stickhandle past players like Fowler or Gudas. Clear lack of confidence in his ability or he has just declined that much.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The impossible happened and this team won a 1-0 game.

Genuinely would have bet that wouldn't happen this season.
Actually it was 2-0 :sarcasm:

200w.gif

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
It's worrying how Crosby waits for a trailer or throws passes in closed lanes when he gets pressured, because he doesn't think he can stickhandle past players like Fowler or Gudas. Clear lack of confidence in his ability or he has just declined that much.

.....or just taking the most comfortable option?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The fact that he takes a stupid O zone penalty or two a game drives me nuts however…

Meh. Rather him be in the ozone then the scum we've used in the bottom six the last few years at C.

That game was reminiscent of 2017. Batten down the hatches. Puck off glass and out.
Great defensive insulation from the Forwards. Defenseman planted in front of the goalie, bodying the danger man. Got the goaltending.

It wasn't pretty, but it worked.

I disagree. I think they played a very tight game. Last eight minutes were the only time I was worried about the Ducks tbh.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Meh. Rather him be in the ozone then the scum we've used in the bottom six the last few years at C.

I disagree. I think they played a very tight game. Last eight minutes were the only time I was worried about the Ducks tbh.
What I like about Eller is he's not afraid to hold onto the puck and make plays with it. Zohorna has a similar element to his game.

Having two guys in the bottom six willing to do that is nice.

And he's taking penalties sometimes because he's very hardnosed in the battle areas. I can live with that. Dude is heavy on his stick in a way that most bottom sixers we've run in the past few years aren't. Sometimes gets him penalties but helps him win lots of battles.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
++ Zohorna is up to 3 goals already. Imagine if they'd actually played him from the start.

-- Karlsson's apparently our 4th best defenseman considering all three of Letang, Graves and Pettersson played more than him. Yeah yeah, we won. But why is the reigning Norris trophy winner getting less ice time than guys are are essentially #4D?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
What I like about Eller is he's not afraid to hold onto the puck and make plays with it. Zohorna has a similar element to his game.

Having two guys in the bottom six willing to do that is nice.

And he's taking penalties sometimes because he's very hardnosed in the battle areas. I can live with that. Dude is heavy on his stick in a way that most bottom sixers we've run in the past few years aren't. Sometimes gets him penalties but helps him win lots of battles.

I liked how he threw some gloves at the Ducks player who got close to Hellberg. Great quote too. Love his vibe.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
++ Zohorna is up to 3 goals already. Imagine if they'd actually played him from the start.

-- Karlsson's apparently our 4th best defenseman considering all three of Letang, Graves and Pettersson played more than him. Yeah yeah, we won. But why is the reigning Norris trophy winner getting less ice time than guys are are essentially #4D?

sullivan.jpeg

Reactions: Zbynek

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Because we had the lead, our starting G was out, and we've lost more 3rd. period lead than all hockey teams in history?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Who cares? 25 teams have more points than us. Points will change throughout the season, but that loss to the Sharks will ALWAYS be there, lol.

The Flyers lost to the worst team in the league and it couldn't have happened to a better organization.

Love It!!!!!!!
Now for SJ to go on a roll and beat the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad