Post-Game Talk: Game VII: Shot down by the jets

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I really dislike Bryan Rust's game. He's such a soft floater and he doesn't have the talent to do that.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Rust will probably go on a heater or two that make his numbers look fine by the end of the season but there will be long stretches of games where he's playing like he is now
I hate to do it to Sid without some sort of replacement but the time to move on from Rust is this TDL or this off-season if there is a good taker.

I don't think you get a good pick out of him but I would hope to take a 3rd liner making $2-3mil on a 1yr and a 2nd waive goodbye.

Reactions: Pancakes

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The time to move on from Rust was many TDLs in the past but my silver lining is I was right about how much he doesn’t give a shit and I hate him.

The downside is, of course, I’m right when I desperately wanted to be wrong.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really dislike Bryan Rust's game. He's such a soft floater and he doesn't have the talent to do that.
Ever notice he's having shorter seasons he's at a top line winger average (which his cap is based off of) and anything remotely to a full seasons rate he's meh.

I never really considered him a top 1st line winger because, he never has had a full 82 at the rate he has at 60. He has only one season at 81 to start with and those have him being a mortal 30/40+ PPS.

He's very rarely (like never) healthy enough. Like, his average in shorten seasons should have him being a 80 PPS. guy.

So, I can't lock him in as a bonified top line winger. He's been very fortunate to play with two generational talents. If he was anywhere near that PPG winger for 82 he'd be barking up the Guentzel contract 8.0/9.0 tree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad