Post-Game Talk: Game VII: Shot down by the jets

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Let's see

Ned gives up around 6
Jarry gives up around 6
Blom gives up around 4

All our goalies have sucked for 6 years... or maybe we should try to play some f***ing Defense.

Reactions: kodoshin

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
+ missed the game
+ missed the game because I was at a concert in London where a dude was inexplicably wearing a Lemieux jersey. I can’t stress how little I expected to see a Mario Lemieux jersey today

Attachments

• IMG_4076.jpeg
    IMG_4076.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Jacob and Andy99

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think the plan going forward should be to iron out the defensive issues and build out from that. We’re actually scoring, we’re getting offense from everywhere. If our offense takes a hit for a bit so what. You can loosen the reins later.

Just practice coverage without the puck and where everyone should be immediately after we reclaim it: those are the biggest bugaboos.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think the plan going forward should be to iron out the defensive issues and build out from that. We’re actually scoring, we’re getting offense from everywhere. If our offense takes a hit for a bit so what. You can loosen the reins later.

Just practice coverage without the puck and where everyone should be immediately after we reclaim it: those are the biggest bugaboos.
These issues have been there for years now. I'm not sure the ship can be turned around at this point. Not without a new coach.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
I felt stupid for getting my hopes up a bit during this one. The last few seasons I feel like I should have placed a moneyline bet on whoever we're playing against when we get a multi-goal lead.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
At least the "Where's Rutger?" chant was funny. :laugh:

Petts has been a problem all year tbh. I never really thought very highly of the guy but the way he's playing tentatively and sorta shying away from contact areas makes me think he's just trying to make it through to the TDL healthy to be dealt and get that new contract.

I dunno. Not really a whole lot to super analyze after this one. We all thought they'd get smoked and they did. Bad roster that's terribly coached.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
These issues have been there for years now. I'm not sure the ship can be turned around at this point. Not without a new coach.
Yup. We're like Top 3 in High % giveaways (for two years) and we play shit defense like this and blame our goalies.

But I heard Mike Sullivan has some pretty good sentences...

1729474315781.png

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
You may or may not be right but I'm pretty sure Management and Coaches are still trying to make the playoffs. And I think we all agree that they're not gonna get there with poor goaltending. That's why I asked if they'd consider keeping Blomqvist around.
Just wanted to add to this again for Joel.

Joel should be up. There's no reason for him to be back in wbs at all. As far as I'm concerned the starter is Joel Blomqvist and Ned is 1B.

Jarry is playing awful and his time is done but he's a good lad and a good team mate with the support he shows both goalies especially how he showed Ned support last year when he played his way out of being a starter. I think he would do well in wbs to rebound and should be there. Also gives Dubas cap relief to make moves at the deadline to take on rental cap for picks.

But Blomqvist? Absolutely the starter, fantastic goalie with a massive upside and should get more games but paced so he can handle the new workload as a rookie.

At least the "Where's Rutger?" chant was funny. :laugh:
Love it. If a player did the same to the Pens, we'd have Pens fans at games doing the same. It's fun.

Ad

Ad

Ad