GDT: | Game #VII | Pens vs Flames |1900hrs MST | Effort cant be worse than last night

If the over/under for goals was set at 8, which would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
The defense has looked decent this year.

Team defense has been awful the last four periods but whatever.

Yeah, our breakouts have been worse than the Defense.

That last goal was three or four horrible clears and passing to nobody. We just don't want to look up and make a good play, just awful blind passes through the middle...

It's early and our first road trip so no big deal but the Playoff structure is worrisome...

Reactions: Gurglesons

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Probably true. At this point though I'm starting to wonder if the trades actually made this team worse. I don't think adding slower defensemen was necessarily a great idea with the way Sullivan's system works.

Our defense looks painfully slow, and that's being exacerbated by the fact that Letang is skating worse than he ever has the past few games. I hope it's just a blip, but if this is the Letang we get the rest of the season, you might as well pencil in the first round loss (at best) again this season.

Waive Ruh after his game. No one will claim him. Bring Smith up.

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one that loves Sully here. He’s going to be paramount during our dark years when Crosby, Malkin and Letang retire.

Sure but its frustrating to see him make such obvious dumb moves.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We played exactly the same vs Edmonton and Calgary last year.
Finished as 46-25-11
Even going back a couple of games where we were winning, we got outplayed.

Our chances aren't dangerous compared to our opponents.

I'll hedge and say, I don't know if we suck. But I do think our special teams sucks. We may overcome it 5-on-5.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Ok? You were talking about people giving up on them. It's not that out of the realm of possibility to expect this team to be mediocre.
I would say they are above average and any team making the playoffs has an opportunity to contend we should know that more than anyone

People gave up on this team years ago then come out of the woodwork to then only talk shit again. Rinse/repeat

Ask ANY NHL veteran, you get to the playoffs and you throw all that other shit out. This team gets to the playoffs it has a shot just like any other team. There is only one cup its not easy to win

Injuries happen and each series takes on its own story.

Reactions: metalan2

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one that loves Sully here. He’s going to be paramount during our dark years when Crosby, Malkin and Letang retire.
I'm one of his most ardent defenders here and one of the few who did not want him fired after last year.

I don't think this roster that Hextall gave him is the best suited for how he wants to play. We shall see if he/the Pens can adjust.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Even going back a couple of games where we were winning, we got outplayed.

Our chances aren't dangerous compared to our opponents.

I'll hedge and say, I don't know if we suck. But I do think our special teams sucks. We may overcome it 5-on-5.
Special teams completely flip scripts randomly, so I don't know what to think about ours. I would make changes to PP1 right now though.

Calgary's just a solid defensive team that sucks the life outta you. A billion shot blocks.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The defense has looked decent this year.

Team defense has been awful the last four periods but whatever.
The last two games the d has had a terrible time of it moving the puck up the ice. And looks really slow and ancient

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
This feels like a lower scoring game from us. I'm thinking a 4-1 loss.

I've set my mindset now that I can either be right or pleasantly suprised. Perks of a pessimist.
Ideas_Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Reactions: Darren McCord

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I 100% get it, and dont think its something that we hang Sully over

Geno is playing with Carter on Wing, Poulin is getting a look at 3C on . Maybe its a look at things to come and allows us to move on from Bluger

I am not getting bent over it.

Its not a big issues
You don't get it.

You don't f*** Geno over and play Carter on his RW, just to give Poulin a look at 3C.

Carter on Geno's wing hasn't worked and still doesn't.

You want to see Poulin at 3C, play Carter on his RW and put Kappy with Geno.

I know Geno - Kappy hasn't worked recently, but they have clicked before. Clearly a better option than Carter.

Sucks that were short LW's, but I would've found a way to keep Rust with Geno.

Reactions: Darren McCord

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
The last two games the d has had a terrible time of it moving the puck up the ice. And looks really slow and ancient
Ty Smith needs to be on this team at some point and getting 2 top 6 guys make this team look much different all around than tonite.

That right there is a pretty big overhaul from tonite

Not to mention Jarry

Reactions: Pancakes

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Casey DeSmith is struggling I think he has become an AHL goalie... maybe you can use him if injuries occur. Cannot do now with out another goalie..

Reactions: Pens x

metalan2

May 30, 2008
That's one thing sully is good for. He's good with no talent, he's not that good with high end talent. I wanted him fired, now I don't because the end is nigh for Crosby and Malkin era. Yea, I know that just signed contracts.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
if you sit smith as much as we are going to sit ruh we will mess up his development. keep him where he can play big min.

Then play POJ. they didnt need to play ruh tonight. Of all the defense POJ is the last one who needs a night off. Sit one of the old men.

I get what you are saying. Just frustrating to see Ruh come in and have a rough game like this as POJ is starting to improve each game.

Reactions: The Old Master

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
It would be fun to watch Poulin, Smith, POJ, and Big Puusy have permanent spots in the lineup early in a season and have them rack up playing time and confidence
It would be great to see what youth and energy could bring to this team. But don't hold your breath as long as Sully is behind the bench.

Reactions: Pens x

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
You don't get it.

You don't f*** Geno over and play Carter on his RW, just to give Poulin a look at 3C.

Carter on Geno's wing hasn't worked and still doesn't.

You want to see Poulin at 3C, play Carter on his RW and put Kappy with Geno.

I know Geno - Kappy hasn't worked recently, but they have clicked before. Clearly a better option than Carter.

Sucks that were short LW's, but I would've found a way to keep Rust with Geno.
Zucker didnt work on Genos wing either.....right ( people were hellbent on that)

And you are saying put Kap with Geno.....lol heads explode (which i would be fine with Kap there for the record)

Its one game, Carter who was our 2nd leading scoring last year is on Geno's wing for a game, we are missing not 1 but 2 top 6 guys.................., big deal.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
The Defense is a bit better this year when they play physical because they are bigger..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad