HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
You know what would help the Habs the most? The same thing the Habs are lacking the absolutely most, even more than “jam up front”…

Playmaking skill. We have Slaf, we don’t need to draft a Robin to his Batman, we need to have the rest of the Avengers assembled. Whoever the Habs draft is likely our last shot at a topX style forward. These forwards are impossible to acquire outside of the draft…

Slaf is a playmaker, Dach is a play maker, Suzuki is mainly a playmaker. Habs need another hybrid like Suzuki who can make plays and score goals. Iginla can do both. Demidov can do both. You also need to look at players who's games translate to the playoffs better. Which player scores playoff style goals. Which one would be harder to match up against. I'm not an Iginla Stan but players like Catton, etc won't translate as well because there game focuses on dominating from the middle even though they're built like a 16 year old

Nothing he's just an entertainer.

Or unlike previous years, he's not getting any inside info that will indicate who they're leaning towards. Just throwing crap at a wall

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Slaf is a playmaker, Dach is a play maker, Suzuki is mainly a playmaker. Habs need another hybrid like Suzuki who can make plays and score goals. Iginla can do both. Demidov can do both. You also need to look at players who's games translate to the playoffs better. Which player scores playoff style goals. Which one would be harder to match up against. I'm not an Iginla Stan but players like Catton, etc won't translate as well because there game focuses on dominating from the middle even though they're built like a 16 year old
Slaf is an everything but he’s not an elite playmaker right now. Dach is nothing until he proves he isn’t made of glass and suffer from boneitis. Suzuki is a two way player with good playmaking skill but not elite.

We don’t have an elite playmaker and haven’t had one in decades.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
If all those forwards are gone, you gotta go Buium. He’s a game breaker.
If a lot of F are taken then some very good D — better than Buium, overall — will remain available. It’s a no-lose scenario just as long as the Habs don’t f*** it up and draft a project or someone who needs to be “fixed”.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Slaf is an everything but he’s not an elite playmaker right now. Dach is nothing until he proves he isn’t made of glass and suffer from boneitis. Suzuki is a two way player with good playmaking skill but not elite.

We don’t have an elite playmaker and haven’t had one in decades.
You could make that exact same case for goal scoring

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
That’s what I was going to say; I swear I saw quotes of him saying that Demidov was Mtl bound like last week. So what changed? The nature of Lindstrom’s injury being revealed?
Who knows

At least for a while the word was that Anaheim was leaning Silayev or D full stop. Suddenly they're considering forwards, legit or not who knows, the guy does have connections though so i won't go as far as saying he's farming clicks...yet

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
If course, but Im of the school who believe goal scoring is a function of playmaking skill. Something we lack big time.

Yes but goal scoring touch allows players like Slaf to look better in a playmaking sense. Look at him with Slovakia. Amazing plays squandered by crappy players who can't finish. Habs should focus on a dynamic player who can do it all at a high level. Thats why demidov is a must. If that's off the table, I think Iginla and maybe sennecke is the next best option

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Good afternoon who are we drafting today? Sounds like Sammy D is back on the menu.

Call your dads.

giphy.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sounds like Sammy D is back on the menu.
Some weird stuff surrounding the Habs and Dickinson here:

Elvis est-il mort ou vivant ? L’homme a-t-il réellement marché sur la Lune ? Et Sam Dickinson a-t-il soupé avec le Canadien à Buffalo ? Autant de questions qui tourmentent les esprits les plus curieux. Le confrère du Journal de Québec Kevin Dubé l’avait pourtant aperçu en train d’attendre un véhicule en compagnie de membres de l’état-major du CH. Questionné samedi à Buffalo, Dickinson a dit avoir seulement soupé avec l’équipe de l’Utah. Mais voilà que le collègue de Radio-Canada Marc Antoine Godin affirme que Dickinson a cassé la croûte avec Montréal. Fin du suspense dans trois semaines.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Or unlike previous years, he's not getting any inside info that will indicate who they're leaning towards. Just throwing crap at a wall
He got insider info like Eklund or Marinaro got insider info. In other words, not too many take him seriously and most of what he does is speculating. The exact same thing we do on this forum.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
He got insider info like Eklund or Marinaro got insider info. In other words, not too many take him seriously and most of what he does is speculating. The exact same thing we do on this forum.
True but to his credit, he was bang on with Slaf and reinbacher

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Id bet Hughes objective for this draft is to end up with two of Lindstrom, Demigod, Iginla, Sennecke, Catton, Eiserman or MBN. We need that extra top 15 pick.

I'm thinking he goes D with that second pick. Then he trades Shane Hutson to Anaheim for Travis Zegras.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Yeah I can’t wait to see them have to move the puck up to first liner Cedrick Guindon.

He could score a couple of goals with all the o time zone he will have with those guys behind him.

Guindon and Sam Harris are underrated here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad