Post-Game Talk: Game V: Pens win vs Habs

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Old man Hayes and Eller coming up clutch. Geno with some magic. Didnt think our defense could get worse than last year, but here we are...

Fly Penguins Fly!

d086534c715fec748855059b6d0ad1f1.gif

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
  • Jarry let in a bad goal or two but looked more dialled in for the third and he really needed that, I hope that's a change in the tides for him as much as blokes here really want to keep seeing him fail
  • Malkin is everything
  • Amazon sucks
  • Messier might be having a stroke during the broadcast
  • Pens defense still sucks ass
  • Better effort in the third after getting their ass handed to them in the second period

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
+ Geno and the bottom-6 came to play

--- Sids line is a disaster
Eller was fantastic but that line is still not feeling it like they should. I really think I would swap Bunting with Doc or something. Geno is fine with Raks but Bunting isn't on the same page with them and Doc is a far better fit for Geno than he is with Sid.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
We have some forward depth this year. . . If we could get Sid a competent winger and shape up the defense, this team could go back to being fun to watch.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
+ Hayes. One of the keys to this team having any level of success this year was going to be the bottom six scoring an occasional f-ing goal. Hayes has done that so far.

+ Geno. Been our best player so far this season. Dominant.

+ Rakell. He's supporting Geno well and finishing when he needs to. This is the player the Pens need him to be.

+ Jarry. Settled in and got the W. He needed this for his confidence. We'll see if he can build off of it.

+ Eller. Two huge goals

+ Letang. The past two games he's been starting to get his game going a bit and not just offensively but in general he's looked sharper.

+ EK. I thought he was very solid defensively which isn't usually his calling card but it was the d-zone play by EK that stood out to me in this more than anything he did offensively

+ Poolparty. Shouldn't have sat to begin with. Played well tonight.

- Sid. Woof. Awful game. Didn't look engaged and was turning pucks over left and right.

- Bunting. He's just a non factor right now. Needs to be the shit disturber and pesky net front guy like last year.

- MP. Looks off so far this year.

- Acciari. I dunno I'm just not a fan. He does nothing. I guess he pks. Anyone can learn to pk.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Jarry really shut the doors in the third. Good for him.

Even if it wasn’t for that goal, I like 24, I was told he sucks so he way exceeded my expectations.

If Bunting is better and Racks a little bit luckier, L2 would have had like 10 points tonight.
Take it easy on Sid, Rust needs a few games to get in shape, they will be cooking

L3 and L4 were much better

And Karl is quietly having a good start

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Eller was fantastic but that line is still not feeling it like they should. I really think I would swap Bunting with Doc or something. Geno is fine with Raks but Bunting isn't on the same page with them and Doc is a far better fit for Geno than he is with Sid.
I hesitate to being too reactionary with Bunting. He made a difference last year and will take some of the pressure off of Geno in terms of puck pursuit and physicality; I’d like to give these guys more of a chance to gel.

Reactions: DisIsMyLife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad