Post-Game Talk: Game V: Pens win vs Habs

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I hesitate to being too reactionary with Bunting. He made a difference last year and will take some of the pressure off of Geno in terms of puck pursuit and physicality; I’d like to give these guys more of a chance to gel.
It's not so much that. I think what Bunting does is what Sid needs on his line more than Malkin does. Raks and Geno are already going in like bulls into the offensive zone so Bunting is kind of just hanging back too much.

I'd go:

Bunting, Crosby, Rust
O'Connor, Malkin, Rakell
Beauvillier/Hayes, Eller, Puljujarvi
Hayes/Beauvillier, Glass, Acciari

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ Hayes. One of the keys to this team having any level of success this year was going to be the bottom six scoring an occasional f-ing goal. Hayes has done that so far.

+ Geno. Been our best player so far this season. Dominant.

+ Rakell. He's supporting Geno well and finishing when he needs to. This is the player the Pens need him to be.

+ Jarry. Settled in and got the W. He needed this for his confidence. We'll see if he can build off of it.

+ Eller. Two huge goals

+ Letang. The past two games he's been starting to get his game going a bit and not just offensively but in general he's looked sharper.

+ EK. I thought he was very solid defensively which isn't usually his calling card but it was the d-zone play by EK that stood out to me in this more than anything he did offensively

+ Poolparty. Shouldn't have sat to begin with. Played well tonight.

- Sid. Woof. Awful game. Didn't look engaged and was turning pucks over left and right.

- Bunting. He's just a non factor right now. Needs to be the shit disturber and pesky net front guy like last year.

- MP. Looks off so far this year.

- Acciari. I dunno I'm just not a fan. He does nothing. I guess he pks. Anyone can learn to pk.
I’d give the entire L1, includingMr Chest Snipe, a - lol

Reactions: Pancakes

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Adnan Virk is fine, but Messier sucks ass, if Prime wants to make this fun, get someone else to engage with Virk. That bloke is fine but has two dull af hosts with him also for the love of hockey amazon, figure out the f***ing stat graphics to show us some info.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Solid road game from start to finish to be honest. Well done!!

I don't know what Jarry was doing on the 1st goal but overall he made the stops he needed to!!

Eller you keep this up we will get a nice haul at the deadline!!

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Happy to get the win, great game from Geno again, the third line looked pretty decent and the fourth line is at least a lot better than what we saw last year (which isnt saying much). Was expecting Jarry to shit the bed in the third after a collectively bad second period, so happy to see him come up big in the third, and hopefully he can build on that.

The same issues remain however, the D looks shaky, and the first line is flat out bad right now and needs changed somehow. And Sully still needs to get his head out of his ass.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think this win demonstrates exactly who they are. They are a middling team that will beat fellow playoff bubble teams like Detroit and Montreal but fail against true contenders like Toronto and New York. They will come out flying, then lay and egg, then turn it back on. A full 60-minute game seems to escape them yet again.

Anyone watching expecting an automatic win anymore is not in touch with reality. The top 10 teams expect a loss. The middle 10 expect a 50/50 game. The bottom 10 expect a win.

On top of all that, Jarry is who he's been - soft and inconsistent. I would take absolutely nothing good away for this game for him. This was a "go thank the forwards for saving you from f***ing up"

Positive note, depth scoring is MUCH improved vs last year.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Adnan Virk is fine, but Messier sucks ass, if Prime wants to make this fun, get someone else to engage with Virk. That bloke is fine but has two dull af hosts with him also for the love of hockey amazon, figure out the f***ing stat graphics to show us some info.
Forslund is really good. I wish he was our pbp guy.

Getzoff isn't terrible but Forslund is probably my favorite pbp guy right now tbh. Dunno why the Canes let him go

wopper

Jan 12, 2009
+Shea & Pulju in. Good change after last game and our start to the year.
+Pulju - he's been playing better every game with us. He's big, skates hard, hits, and may have some skill. I like him so far.
+BMR they've often controlled the pace of play when together. Bunting is tenacious, Rak is steady. Good wingers and combo.
+Eller. Good player.

Overall, excited for the season. But I was the last couple of years, too. Our aging players are still really good, albeit a tad slower. Our bottom 6 and complimentary players are potentially capable and versatile. I like it so far.

Biggest concern is Sullivan. He seems to always "discipline" the wrong guys instead of the specific guys not pumping their legs out there on the ice and giving it their all.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I assume that failed clear in the final minutes will get Beau off the top line for life.
I think that chance went out the door the second MTL failed to score on the that piss poor decision to not clear that puck, and man MTL had time and possession in our zone. Beau got lucky.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I hate TK on the intermission and post-game. He's new, I get it, but man he needs some polishing. Same with Army. He hasn't gotten better.

Someone they should look to - Bob Errey. He spoke well and was very knowledgeable about the game. I never agreed with letting him go especially given who the replacements are.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad