GDT: Game V Pens vs Swords: Can we make it 2 in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Just waive him. If we are really lucky CBus or Anaheim take him. Yeah, right… but at least for them there’s no cap issue and their own goaltending situations suck also.
With that cap hit, no one will, I mean I wouldn’t even see Utah as a team as wanting to take that cap hit even if they think they can make him rebound. If he goes to WBS and plays better and gains some confidence back, best case scenario if he doesn’t get picked up off waivers is he comes back up and plays well enough to garner some interest at the TDL with Dubas giving up less of a sweetener than he would need to right now to move him.

Honestly, if they can keep getting this kind of goaltending, stabilace the D somehow, and get an upgrade on Beau, I might actually start believing a bit in this team again, there are more pieces in place to build a competent team this year than they've had in years.
Now if the coach would actually know how to put that team together is a whole other story..
You can’t stabilize a defense that is coached this poorly, you need to change the bloke in charge of how they play to fix things first and then after you have a competent coach in place to fix the system, only then do you make the player moves imo.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Yeah I think the upgraded bottom-6 and Blomqvist looking great definitely helps their case, but I still personally hate their defense and it's an open question who Sullivan will play in net. They're definitely in a better spot now than they were to start last year, though.

Puljujarvi and Acciari having huge bounce back years along with Hayes and Glass looking like competent depth guys really helps this team out.
I think they need to rethink the way the D is beeing used for sure, they look lost half the time, and not really focused on actually defending. Some tweaks to the system, and maybe a rugged stay at home type who can log some minutes would be nice.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Liljegren is supposedly available but he's a right handed shot so I dunno that the Pens would be interested

Also probably wouldnt come cheap

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
With that cap hit, no one will, I mean I wouldn’t even see Utah as a team as wanting to take that cap hit even if they think they can make him rebound. If he goes to WBS and plays better and gains some confidence back, best case scenario if he doesn’t get picked up off waivers is he comes back up and plays well enough to garner some interest at the TDL with Dubas giving up less of a sweetener than he would need to right now to move him
don't get in too big of a hurry. remember what happened to our last 3-4 good goalies.:laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The D is a mess but as a D man you have to look at why their forwards are getting passes up the gut with a full head of stream like that to be able to split the D or get behind the D, and that’s very much a neutral zone system issue and 60% of your system is forwards.

We give up so much because the D and F are basically playing different systems altogether. The F being one foot on the gas and the D being more passive and pulling back.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
With that cap hit, no one will, I mean I wouldn’t even see Utah as a team as wanting to take that cap hit even if they think they can make him rebound. If he goes to WBS and plays better and gains some confidence back, best case scenario if he doesn’t get picked up off waivers is he comes back up and plays well enough to garner some interest at the TDL with Dubas giving up less of a sweetener than he would need to right now to move him.

You can’t stabilize a defense that is coached this poorly, you need to change the bloke in charge of how they play to fix things first and then after you have a competent coach in place to fix the system, only then do you make the player moves imo.
Yeah, I agree, hence the questioning of the coach, but I'm not placing any bets on there actually beeing a coaching change any time soon, so player upgrades might just be all we'll get...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Can we get rid of all replay??? I would rather live with the calls on the ice. Hate hate hate all replay.

They should get one look, if it isn't obvious move on.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1729127277595.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad