GDT: Game V Pens vs Swords: Can we make it 2 in a row?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think this should be an unheard of take at all. If Groat was good enough to make the roster as one of their best forwards he should be eligible to be moved up at least on a trial basis to have a look. That's what like... coaching and development is. Groat profiles as a hopeful top six player, The top line needs work anyway and he'd be skating next to Sid flippin' Crosby. I don't think the whole season would blow up in the team's face if that were a thing for a game or two.

Regardless they need to do something with Groats. This is a waste. A predictable waste but a waste.
This is my beef with how Sullivan handles all youngsters, not just McGroarty. Why not try McGroarty next to Sid? Maybe he's not ready for it, and maybe you have to eventually send him to the AHL. But why not TRY it?

Sullivan has no issue gifting try out spots on Sid's wing to various veterans whether they deserved it or not. So why not give your NUMBER ONE OFFENSIVE PROSPECT a handful of games with that cushy gig just to see what he can do with it?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Beauvillier with 2 goals gives him rope here for a while, but I expect that to cool off and send him to the 4th or a healthy scratch eventually, around the time Lizotte comes back. Then you probably have something like this:

DOC - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
Hayes - Eller - Puljujarvi
Lizotte - Glass - Acciari
Beauvillier, Puustinen.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This is my beef with how Sullivan handles all youngsters, not just McGroarty. Why not try McGroarty next to Sid? Maybe he's not ready for it, and maybe you have to eventually send him to the AHL. But why not TRY it?

Sullivan has no issue gifting try out spots on Sid's wing to various veterans whether they deserved it or not. So why not give your NUMBER ONE OFFENSIVE PROSPECT a handful of games with that cushy gig just to see what he can do with it?

There is also the preseason where the games... you know... don't count.

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Is McGroarty truly ready though?

What happens if he gets on the wing and stinks the place up? Then would we be him getting demoted to the AHL and others getting the call? It's perhaps a question we may not want an answer to.

I can tell you this - every single SEAL in the teams thinks they are ready for, and should be in, ST6/DEVGRU. Harsh reality is those guys exist on a different plane of existence, especially compared to young guys.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Fkn hate this team and usage of younger players. Also. give it 5 mins and the trade theread is bumped and well get mocked about losing the trade.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Beauvillier with 2 goals gives him rope here for a while, but I expect that to cool off and send him to the 4th or a healthy scratch eventually, around the time Lizotte comes back. Then you probably have something like this:

DOC - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
Hayes - Eller - Puljujarvi
Lizotte - Glass - Acciari
Beauvillier, Puustinen.
If DOC is your 1LW when healthy, why would he not be your 1LW now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad