GDT: Game V Pens vs Swords: Can we make it 2 in a row?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

f3oiasf8lki9seu4ob23.jpg

Tristan Jarry has clear expectations of himself this season with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

After sitting behind presumed backup Alex Nedeljkovic in 12 of the final 13 games last season, the 29-year-old goalie wants to be in as often as possible.

“I think just being able to play more games, to win more games, I think that’s always a goal of mine,” Jarry said on Sept. 20.​
“We all believe in Tristan,” Sullivan said. “He’s a quality NHL goaltender. We think there’s another level to his game. The expectations are high, so we’re going to push him to be at his very best. I think, when you look at how the season ended down
the stretch last year, I think Jars would’ve liked to have had the net a little more than he did. I’m sure that’s motivated him in the offseason.

“Jars is a proud guy. He’s a competitive guy. He’s a quality goalie. I think he has a certain mindset that he wants to come in and he wants to prove that he’s the quality goalie that we all expect him to be. And that will play itself out in due time.”​

200w.gif

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I think if they contain the Sabres intensity for the first 10 minutes or so, they’ll win the game and will probably out play Sabres in the 2nd and 3rd

Also if Pittsburgh is above .620 by thanksgiving, would anyone be willing to trade B grade futures?

Last edited:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I think if they contain the Sabres intensity for the first 10 minutes or so, they’ll win the game and will probably out play Sabres in the 2nd and 3rd

Also if Pittsburgh is above .620 by thanksgiving, would anyone be willing to trade B grade futures?
I don't think im willing to part with a single pick ot prospect, no matter how good we look. But in a hockey trade for an under 25 roster player for example, then i guess some prospects/picks might be in play.

I think it's 0.2% we look good enough for Dubas to even think about selling futures though. I think there's a better chance of us selling players (Pettersson, Eller, Doc, pulju etc) even if we are in a playoff spot at the deadline than us adding.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
No matter what anyone here wants, I think they think they owe it to Sid and Geno to try.

I think Thanksgiving is too early and they'd probably wait closer to the deadline, but if they are in a playoff spot, I fully expect them to add.

• Love
Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
No matter what anyone here wants, I think they think they owe it to Sid and Geno to try.

I think Thanksgiving is too early and they'd probably wait closer to the deadline, but if they are in a playoff spot, I fully expect them to add.
You are an honorable man

Sike Mullivan

Nickstuitveness.
Nov 15, 2010
Buffalo is one of those teams that have been acquiring so many good young players but never seem to take the next step. Maybe the 4 GMs and 7 HC in 11 years has to do with it.

People practically giving tickets away, might pay the $13 and go see some of their future studs.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Buffalo is one of those teams that have been acquiring so many good young players but never seem to take the next step. Maybe the 4 GMs and 7 HC in 11 years has to do with it.

People practically giving tickets away, might pay the $13 and go see some of their future studs.
This is year 4 of people saying "this is Buffalo's year"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad