GDT: GAME ONE, MIDDAY EDITION: St. Louis Blues (0-0-0) at YOUR SEATTLE KRAKEN (0-0-0), 1:30pm PDT, 9:30pm Morocco Time

WHO DO WE LIKE TODAY?

• Your hometown Seattle Kraken

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • The despicable St. Louis Blues

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Jaden Schwartz and Vince Dunn for a big game against the Blues

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Your friendly moderating staff

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Hockey during the workday

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Subtract the goalie and there are a lot of positives, starting with how at home Wright looks as a Kraken.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think the moneypuck cumulative xG chart shows how the game went pretty well:

MoneyPuck.com

Gru had a really rough few minutes but for the game he didn't let in more goals than you'd expect, okay half a goal. The team just didn't finish its chances.

Reactions: Renopucker

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
Our defenders sure take their time making the first pass. And when they do it it won't reach a player able to advance. I guess we had over 50 shots but Binnington had a pretty easy win after all.

Reactions: Renopucker

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Quite the meltdown in the second. St. Louis woke up and took away what we wanted to do. Does not bode well but it is only 1 game.

Couple things.

Wright is horrible on draws and not really ready to be a 3rd line center.
The high priced FAs were adequate, but not worth anywhere near their money and they will not make the team significantly better.

Bylsma hockey hasn't changed.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Completely self inflicted loss.

Had them in the ropes, dominated the game and all of that just to start doing what the Blues wanted, some fights/scrambles, which brought St. Louis back into the game and completely took the Kraken out of it.

After that it was pretty helpless also thanks to another Kraken special of just giving up that one extra goal to completely lose any kind of control.

I'm curious to see what Bylsma will try and do to make it happen with this roster.

Will they ever learn with Gru. Daccord has been the far better goaltender in my opinion

I think it's the contract and him maybe looking good in practise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuhrious

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Fire Jessica
I have The Third Main by the thinnest of hairs as the all time #1 noir over Chinatown

The Blues won this game only because Binnington outplayed Grubauer and Kyrou finished his chances without making glaring defensive errors. Don't worry guys I am on your side for the next 79 games, and I am powerful look at what happened today

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
I'm going to hope those bad few minutes in the second were shaking off lasts seasons rust and hoping the new additions start to gel more and they build on the first period exciting hockey more. and start Joey more

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
When they play confident and to their system they can carry play. The team is fast. I'm not discouraged by this game.

I do wonder, despite my earlier post on Grubauer's game not being that bad overall, if the team just doesn't have confidence in him at all anymore. And if that affects the confidence of the whole team. After the goals went in they just stopped playing the right way.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
1728432884019.png

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Grubauer needs to be buried in the minors. Eff the $$$$. That was a winnable game, and he’s simply not an NHL starter anymore.
It pisses me off that he got the nod. Daccord is the better goalie by any metric, and no other team is trading for Gru, so there’s no point in even showcasing him before the TDL (I can’t believe I’m saying that in October) if he costs you two points.
He needs to be demoted or salary dumped, even if it costs a first. The team isn’t going anywhere with him on the roster, and they’ll waste years of a good young core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad