TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VIII (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!) ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I get it, but after the Red Wedding for example it seems like house Stark and house Tully were done, if they had distant cousins shouldn't the leadership passes on to them? I can't imagine an entire legendary house was destroyed like that from one single event.
It is strange how the Starks and Baratheons only have two generations worth of heirs. Did neither Ned/Robert's father have brothers or cousins? It feels like the family tree of every family begins at the father of the oldest person from each family who shows up on the show.

Are we led to believe that every Baratheon/Stark family besides the ones that we know about were wiped out in the war?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It is strange how the Starks and Baratheons only have two generations worth of heirs. Did neither Ned/Robert's father have brothers or cousins? It feels like the family tree of every family begins at the father of the oldest person from each family who shows up on the show.

Are we led to believe that every Baratheon/Stark family besides the ones that we know about were wiped out in the war?

One of Ned's brothers was killed by the Mad King, the other took up the Black. I don't know about Ned's father having brothers though.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The problem with having these families' cousins/brothers or whoever making a claim for the throne is that you add a ton more storylines to a show that already has a ridiculous amount of storylines you could argue don't get enough screen time as it is. It's just not feasible. I'm perfectly fine with them not doing it for this reason.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I doubt we have much of a kingdom when all is said and done. The world is heading towards some kind of apocalypse.

Odds are something new comes out the other side.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Rickon Stands in the way of her claim to the North.

Why I think we see some Stark in fighting. LF needs Rickon gone if he cruelly wants to claim the North.

Jon seems on course to become the people's champ, leaving Sansa and LF in the dust and some conflict. How far it goes depends on how quickly the Walkers get south.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I doubt we have much of a kingdom when all is said and done. The world is heading towards some kind of apocalypse.

Odds are something new comes out the other side.

Well, it is said that there was no humans that lived in Westros, they all came from Essos in different waves. The children and the giants were the only natives there from what I gather.

Since we saw in Bran's vision what the true origin of the walkers was, I think its very possible that when the wall comes crashing down, those walkers are going to destroy everything, maybe by the time Dany and her dragons make it to westros, the humans there will be near extinction.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I'm just waiting for the moment when some of these rivals finally have to put aside their differences. Eventually, fighting the walkers has to become everyone's main priority. I'm hoping that next season we get to see a Stark/North/Wildling army standing alongside the Lannister army in defense of Winterfell.

Though it's probably more likely that they'll just keep screwing around and killing each other until it's too late.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm just waiting for the moment when some of these rivals finally have to put aside their differences. Eventually, fighting the walkers has to become everyone's main priority. I'm hoping that next season we get to see a Stark/North/Wildling army standing alongside the Lannister army in defense of Winterfell.

Though it's probably more likely that they'll just keep screwing around and killing each other until it's too late.

I can't see the problems in the south being solved to the point where their is a united front to fight the White Walkers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The evolution of Sansa Stark has been one of my favourite character progressions in the show.

She may have been an awful character to begin with, but it's what makes her even better now.

Agreed. I'm not sure what makes her so terrible. Cause she's not always successful at playing the game? Cause every child who's put in the position of playing the game knows what they're doing.

I like the way her character progression has gone. She and Jon both.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
This sucks man, I can't believe there are already only 2 episodes left. This season really flew right by. As A fan, i sure hope there are more than 13 episodes left.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Agreed. I'm not sure what makes her so terrible. Cause she's not always successful at playing the game? Cause every child who's put in the position of playing the game knows what they're doing.

She's terrible because she makes a lot of terrible decisions. In the past she trusted when she shouldn't have (Littlefinger) and now she isn't trusting when she should (Jon).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
She's terrible because she makes a lot of terrible decisions. In the past she trusted when she shouldn't have (Littlefinger) and now she isn't trusting when she should (Jon).

Oh she trusted the guy who constantly sweet talked her and gave her a couple opportunities to be and eventually did liberate her from her captivity and torment of the Lannisters (and in the same stroke helped her see some vengeance for her parents and brother). The same guy who is one of the best manipulators in the realm, who made promises to her that he'd teach her to claim the power she needs to keep getting revenge? Give me a break man. All she had available to her to not trust Littlefinger was reputation. And she saw firsthand what little reputation could mean in King's Landing the way people would talk about her family.

And being skeptical of Davos first of all is not a decision, bad or otherwise. And is she wrong? The guy was the right hand man of the guy who was a direct competitor of Robb (Stannis). Just because WE know that Davos is a morally good character doesn't mean SHE should by default. And as for not having faith in the numbers that they've amassed, she's not wrong about that either. It's not enough.

If these are your best reasons, you'll forgive me for not seeing the light as to why she sucks.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I know it's late for the deathpool but i'm a rebel so who cares :sarcasm:

Lannister for deadthpool....that poor one that nobody cares about whos name i can't remember...lancel? :laugh:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

No, not because she's bad at politics. That's a quality, everyone hates politicians. The reason people hated Sansa was because of her stupidity and how terrible a judge of character she was. How she turned on her own sister in favor of Joffrey when Joffrey was his usual cruel self against the butcher boy in season 1 episode 2. She was blind to everything, and her focus was on etiquette and illusory romantic notions. She was obnoxious as hell. Watch the episode where Ned Stark is forced to execute one of his kids' wolves because Sansa outright lies and take Joffrey's side.. how can anyone like her after what she did ?

Even now she's hiding the truth from her brother about Littlefinger for obscure and illogical reasons.

That said, I agree that she has evolved as a character since S1. But only barely. It will take a lot more for me to get over her earlier antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad