GDT: Game no. 6: Stars @ Habs | Coming off a high | Sat. Oct. 22nd, 2022, 7 PM ET -- CITY, SNE, TVAS, NHLN, TSN690, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

FFS, already? Sigh.

6-3 Stars. Dallas is too big, fast and skilled for our promising team at this stage of their development. We will struggle against stronger teams this year. No surprises tonight.
Agreed. There won't be as many smiles tonight as on Thursday. All I can hope is that team stands its ground and gives as good as it takes. Allen will see a lot more rubber tonight. He better stretch well.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
FFS, already? Sigh.

Agreed. There won't be as many smiles tonight as on Thursday. All I can hope is that team stands its ground and gives as good as it takes. Allen will see a lot more rubber tonight. He better stretch well.
I hope both you and I are wrong.

But you are correct in one aspect: let the team make a statement. It's alright to lose to a superior team, but don't ever get beat. I hope they go as hard as they can regardless of the score while flashing their growing talent and skill level. Have fun. It's all about development and entertainment. We're going nowhere this year, but its time to firmly re-establish the team's winning culture and expectation of excellence. Its vital for us to establish that other teams shouldn't be coming to Montreal for smoke meat and an easy win. Coming to Montreal shouldn't be a vacation. Let opposing teams have to worry about an up tempo offence led by young stars, a mobile defence and the looming menace of Xhekaj. Re-establish that winning culture one game at a time and the wins will eventually take care of themselves.

I have been a fan since the early 1950s. I've seen and lived the great times for this fabled team and had to endure the ensuing decades of mismanagement and mediocrity. Maybe I'm getting old and wishful. But I truly believe we are on the cusp of winning again. Make it so.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I hope both you and I are wrong.

But you are correct in one aspect: let the team make a statement. It's alright to lose to a superior team, but don't ever get beat. I hope they go as hard as they can regardless of the score while flashing their growing talent and skill level. Have fun. It's all about development and entertainment. We're going nowhere this year, but its time to firmly re-establish the team's winning culture and expectation of excellence. Its vital for us to establish that other teams shouldn't be coming to Montreal for smoke meat and an easy win. Coming to Montreal shouldn't be a vacation. Let opposing teams have to worry about an up tempo offence led by young stars, a mobile defence and the looming menace of Xhekaj. Re-establish that winning culture one game at a time and the wins will eventually take care of themselves.

I have been a fan since the early 1950s. I've seen and lived the great times for this fabled team and had to endure the ensuing decades of mismanagement and mediocrity. Maybe I'm getting old and wishful. But I truly believe we are on the cusp of winning again. Make it so.

Will have taken decades to undo Ronald Corey's demolition job.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
The Dallas Stars are coming off a 3-2 overtime road loss against the Toronto Maple Leafs on October 20th. They've won the other three games they've played, for a record of 3-0-1. They're expected to bounce back strong after the narrow loss they suffered.

Habs instead, enjoyed quite the night having defeated the lowly Coyotes at home, 6-2.

However, they're the underdogs in their Stars tilt.

It may just have been the Coyotes, but several Habs stood out. Take the game's first star:

5nOpjnb.gif

No less impressive was the "guy who kills people" as per Slaf.

Wifi had his regular season coming out party in a big way by engaging in fisticuffs with one of the league's toughest hombres, a veteran of 39 NHL fights. Safe to say, Arber was not intimidated.

You could tell from the early going that Arber's signal was coming out loud and clear.

Jd3IeK0.gif

In fact, one could even say that the connection was firmly established.

BfA7baC.gif

Additional tests showed that reception was optimal.

fP1SM4J.gif

We even retained the services of Larry the Cable Guy, for further validation.

5cCfDBL.gif

As for Kassian, he still doesn't know what hit him.

RbTr95P.gif

One can hardly imagine that not so long ago, Arber's products could have been sampled for free at his local Costco!

pf2mxXf.jpg

Not to be overshadowed in all of the excitement that was the Arizona game, there is the constant threat and welcome addition that has been Sean Monahan. The biggest surprise was how he has come back healthy (knock on wood) and how he's not lost his uncanny ability to always be at the right place at the right time.

Monahan had a goal against the Coyotes and in his 5 games this season, he has posted 2 goals and 1 assist for 3 points. A good start for a guy who's missed a lot of time to injuries and surgeries over the past few years.

No doubt about it, he's money.

2LQbZap.gif

However, with so much of Monahan's career having been spent with the Flames, what do we really know about him?

He apparently had 6 surgeries in the 4 years that preceded his trade to the Habs. Which prompted a fan to quip: "Can we still even call him Sean Monahan at this point? Dude's been entirely replaced."

The story goes that Monahan is more machine than man, no small thanks to the massive amounts of titanium alloy having been infused into his body.

Confidential records obtained from "a well-placed NHL executive" who usually feeds nuggets to Marco D'Amico, have revealed that this is how it played out for Monahan, behind closed doors:

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first Titanium Man. Sean Moneyhands will be that man."

The said well-placed NHL executive, who also moonlights as a "senior western conference scout" in Jimmy ("Charlie") Murphy's articles for Montreal Hockey Now, has provided us with exclusive evidence:

pBLqvz8.png

LINEUPS TBA

vRdkysD.gif

Credit: LP Guy
I want what you’re havin... funny and factual! Kudos and send me the recipe! #AWESOME

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Gainey gets a hard time in Qc but habs had good offensive teams that went to the playoffs with a lot of their own prospects back then.

I have nothing against Gainey's reign except near the end when he signed the smurfs and locked the team on a losing core for the next 5 years while leaving.

The original 5-year plan years were hopeful and entertaining.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I have nothing against Gainey's reign except near the end when he signed the smurfs and locked the team on a losing core for the next 5 years while leaving.

The original 5-year plan years were hopeful and entertaining.
I’m checking out the most goals per year, it’s all 70’s-80’s hockey at the top, even the 60’s before those 4-5 years mid-2000’s

hoping this crop turns out, the rookies are making me hopeful and are fun to watch!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dislocated jaw?
You are on to something.

As per Dr. Google:

A dislocated jaw is occasionally caused by an injury but is typically caused by opening the mouth excessively wide(such as during yawning, biting into a large sandwich, vomiting, or during a dental procedure).

While we all thought that Slaf was giving Dustin Brown payback with his ginormous, mouth open-wide facial contortions, turns out that the only reason he did them for so long was that his jaw was unintentionally locked into the position. :sarcasm:

*The foregoing is subject to peer review by Dr. Recchi

Last edited:

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
3rd line for Dallas looks pretty good, they've created some turnovers and have had decent shot attempts . The 4th line cashing in....they look really good for a 4th line. Playing like they have something to prove. first line has issues.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Stive Morgan is going to be pleasantly surprised by the poll results thus far.

Turns out people really love their pizza and wings — as much or more than their home team winning.
:laugh:

Reactions: Habs10Habs and the

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
As far as I can recall, slaf never left the game against Arizona. Maybe he couldn't detect the injury at the time due to the adrenaline, but I wonder if that high hit before his goal ultimately caused him discomfort.

On paper, many teams should beat the Habs consistently and that includes the stars, but then again, I had the leafs and Pens in that category too.

Just hoping for another inspired effort and then see what unfolds. As I said before, as much as I would like the high pick, once the puck drops, it's impossible for me not to root for a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad