GDT: Game IV Pens vs Habs 1730hrs EST: Battle of the Prime

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I said it in pre-season but I think we're gonna be seeing a ton of Beau, regardless of on-ice performance, because one or both of Sullivan and Sid like the guy a lot. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
And the cool part is the guys Sullivan prefers are never any better. They're also dogshit. :laugh: It's not even like he's playing guys who are effective but boring. They're *shitty* and boring.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
And the cool part is the guys Sullivan prefers are never any better. They're also dogshit. :laugh: It's not even like he's playing guys who are effective but boring. They're *shitty* and boring.
Was doing that before his new contract even kicked in. Dude is a cowardly coach to his core.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Was doing that before his new contract even kicked in. Dude is a cowardly coach to his core.
I don't even think it's a cowardly thing. I think it's an ego thing, and that he sees himself in these 4th line nobody plugs, so he gives them wayyyy more of a shot than they deserve.

Kind of hilarious that Sullivan has the 3 youngest guys on the team scratched. When Lizotte is back, the next youngest guy (Glass) probably sits :laugh:
And when Ned's healthy, Blomqvist is outta here. :laugh:

Youth movement.

cc: @Gurglesons

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
I don't even think it's a cowardly thing. I think it's an ego thing, and that he sees himself in these 4th line nobody plugs, so he gives them wayyyy more of a shot than they deserve.
He abhors any flash and dance so you might be right. His unwillingness to take 58 off of PP1 and still treating him like he’s our number one dman points to some cowardly traits tho. Same with how only certain guy (usually Euros) have to play their way back up the lineup and certain guys can miss weeks and slot right back into their old spot.

Reactions: Andy99

Sideline

May 23, 2004
On the plus side McGroarty and Blomquist getting to cook for an extra year in WBS isn't the worst thing in the world. On the negative side there's very little chance Sullivan is canned for 2025-2026 so they're still going to be fighting an uphill battle for minutes unless Dubas liquidates half the roster.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
He abhors any flash and dance so you might be right. His unwillingness to take 58 off of PP1 and still treating him like he’s our number one dman points to some cowardly traits tho. Same with how only certain guy (usually Euros) have to play their way back up the lineup and certain guys can miss weeks and slot right back into their old spot.
He's just such a f***ing annoying, ineffective coach.

I'm constantly bewildered as to how and why he's revered by this organization, across multiple FOs and ownerships. Makes no sense.

Reactions: canadianguy77

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
Geno is getting crazy amounts of time and space so far this season. im surprised he doesn’t have more points tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad