GDT: Game II Pens vs Caps Oct 13th 1930hrs: Friday the 13th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

First goal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
The more that I hear and see Sully doing just the dumbest **** that would even make Dan Bylsma blush, the more I think Dubas is only here because FSG just kept throwing money at him until couldn’t say no.

I don’t think he’s stupid enough to think the current (and future) state of this team and lifetime appointed coach was actually a smart career choice for him.
Dubas is here for the rebuild. This era he's simply a steward, gently guiding the team into the basement in as tolerable a way as possible.

Sullivan, for his part, likes to watch us suffer.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sullivan is a bad coach and his next gig can’t come soon enough so he gets exposed for the fraud he is.
I still chuckle whenever I remember outside fans being critical of us when we were fed up with Bylsma. "But wins! But 100 point seasons! You guys are just spoiled!" And then they saw for themselves what Bylsma did when he didn't have peak Malkin/Crosby to lift him up.

I don't think Sullivan is quite *as* bad -- I do think he's better at certain things -- but I also think you'll see a similar fall from grace where people outside of Pittsburgh are looking at his new team's results and thinking, "But Sully won a lot with the Pens?! Back to back Cups?! Why does his new team look like shit?!"

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I bet the team still sucks without sullivan.

But can we just try it?

EK65 was supposed to make this shit fun. If they are feckless tonight, literally, stick a fork in the season.

Reactions: NeedleInTheHay

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sullivan is a bad coach and his next gig can’t come soon enough so he gets exposed for the fraud he is.
Can't wait to see Sullivan do to the game of this team's next top-3/top-5 pick what Ducharme did to Caufield's game in Montreal, or what Melrose did to Stamkos' game in Tampa. :laugh:

Reactions: Gurglesons

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
What’s funny (maybe just to me) is outside of Brind’Amour and maybe the new Caps guy, who from the Metro would you replace Sullivan with? Torts, Ruff, Lavy, Lane?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What’s funny (maybe just to me) is outside of Brind’Amour and maybe the new Caps guy, who from the Metro would you replace Sullivan with? Torts, Ruff, Lavy, Lane?

Brind’amour ain’t a good coach.

I still chuckle whenever I remember outside fans being critical of us when we were fed up with Bylsma. "But wins! But 100 point seasons! You guys are just spoiled!" And then they saw for themselves what Bylsma did when he didn't have peak Malkin/Crosby to lift him up.

I don't think Sullivan is quite *as* bad -- I do think he's better at certain things -- but I also think you'll see a similar fall from grace where people outside of Pittsburgh are looking at his new team's results and thinking, "But Sully won a lot with the Pens?! Back to back Cups?! Why does his new team look like shit?!"

The difference is Sullivan already sucked as a head coach and his teams had no success as an assist.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Can't wait to see Sullivan do to the game of this team's next top-3/top-5 pick what Ducharme did to Caufield's game in Montreal, or what Melrose did to Stamkos' game in Tampa. :laugh:

Sullivan: "We like some of the stuff Connor Bedard does with the puck, but we want him to be able to PK and dump and chase with the best 4th liners in the league before we use him in offensive situations"

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sullivan: "We like some of the stuff Connor Bedard does with the puck, but we want him to be able to PK and dump and chase with the best 4th liners in the league before we use him in offensive situations"

I love what Connor does out there with the puck. It’s elite. But where we’ve tried to work with him is being more conscientious without the puck. We call it “stick-to-ivness”. I think there are areas where we can help him on the defensive side of things.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There was an early game last year where we beat Washington pretty good and everyone thought we were turning it around.... and we sucked. So i'm just going to watch a little for enjoyment and that's it.

Btw - ESPN+ makes everything so less enjoyable. Why the f*** is this on ESPN+ and not on tv. I hate opening apps for a game.

Reactions: AjaxTelamon

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
At the game and holy hell, did anyone who went to the Pens opener Tuesday witness absolutely insane lines to get into the arena? Got here 40 min before puck drop and may not even get in time for faceoff.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Pens have ONE job tonight!

Ovi usually gets 3-4 points in his 1 game of the season as he comes out fresh in the hunt for 99, SHUT him down.

Do the job on Ovi PROPERLY on the PP, key on him all the time and dont let the f*ckbag have any slam dunk goals for failing to do that as we always manage to feck up the man marking of him in the worst way possible.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
There was an early game last year where we beat Washington pretty good and everyone thought we were turning it around.... and we sucked. So i'm just going to watch a little for enjoyment and that's it.

Btw - ESPN+ makes everything so less enjoyable. Why the f*** is this on ESPN+ and not on tv. I hate opening apps for a game.
It sucks and so does HULU and Disney + which I may unsubscribe to here before to long. Nothing on HULU package deal with Disney +. Might just subscribe to ESPN + but it also sucks..

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It sucks and so does HULU and Disney + which I may unsubscribe to here before to long. Nothing on HULU package deal with Disney +. Might just subscribe to ESPN + but it also sucks..

All i really watch is the penguins these days and some college football. I can basically find streams if I really need to. So i'm about to cut ties with it all.

I hate all these subscriptions where you own nothing and you just pay monthly. It is so fn annoying. I terminated all my music ones.

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad