GDT: Game Four(Giev): COL vs. BOS (7:30PM MT)

New Nickname for Alex? (Thanks to henchman21 for providing!)

• 5G

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • 6eor9e

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • George the VII

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Geor8e

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It's time to fire Bednar. He's done. Every coach has a shelf life and I think he's done.
Not sure this fan and media base has enough fire to legitimately put a coach on the hot seat, especially one as beloved as he is. But I would be fascinated to see what this team is capable of with a guy that has the capability to gameplan and adjust.

• Love
Reactions: LurkerMcgee

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don’t like a lot of what Bednar is doing with the lineup and strategy but I’m not sure what we should expect from a team missing four scoring line forwards and the very worst goaltending in the league.

Georgiev was…okay tonight. Not great, but not horrid either.

Everyone else? Uh, I dunno, I thought it was a pretty uninspired effort from a team that looks like it has NO confidence right now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Based on what we've seen so far, it seems that MacFarland is going after players he has always wanted. They're not necessarily bad players, but there isn't really a vision in terms of how they fit the entire structure of the team or Bednar's tactics. They wanted to get bigger, they did that, but that didn't work. Now they went back to speed, and it seems there is an off-balance with some players not fitting in.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don’t like a lot of what Bednar is doing with the lineup and strategy but I’m not sure what we should expect from a team missing four scoring line forwards and the very worst goaltending in the league.

Everyone else? Uh, I dunno, I thought it was a pretty uninspired effort from a team that looks like it has NO confidence right now.
Kingslayer said it best. Avs had all the momentum following the Makar goal in the 2nd but as soon as Miles Wood got injured on an innocent hit, the wind was taken right out of their sails and they seemed to just wilt and give up.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Do some of you really think a different coach would make a difference and want Bednar fired? Is that new coach gonna bring all the injured players and Val back with him? And is he gonna get in net and stop pucks? Even god couldn’t coach this team to wins given the circumstances

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Based on what we've seen so far, it seems that MacFarland is going after players he has always wanted. They're not necessarily bad players, but there isn't really a vision in terms of how they fit the entire structure of the team or Bednar's tactics. They wanted to get bigger, they did that, but that didn't work. Now they went back to speed, and it seems there is an off-balance with some players not fitting in.
Honestly Fourgiev derailed the whole season. They played well enough to win the first two games.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Do some of you really think a different coach would make a difference and want Bednar fired? Is that new coach gonna bring all the injured players and Val back with him? And is he gonna get in net and stop pucks? Even god couldn’t coach this team to wins given the circumstances
New coach bump is a thing. Oilers miss the playoffs last year if they don’t fire Woodcroft

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

He finally made some of the saves he should, but Georgie should absolutely not be left off the hook just because the skaters in front of him played arguably worse. .833 is horrid. It's unacceptable. But it's been the norm for four straight games now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Kingslayer said it best. Avs had all the momentum following the Makar goal in the 2nd but as soon as Miles Wood got injured on an innocent hit, the wind was taken right out of their sails and they seemed to just wilt and give up.
They’re soft. All the way through.
Honestly Fourgiev derailed the whole season. They played well enough to win the first two games.
That level of play wasn’t sustainable for the group. Great it happened, but it was going to falter eventually. They did play well enough though and really should be 2-2 now.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The problem is at best, we're looking at a 2-2 season. This might be fine due to our injury list, but not good enough for Cup aspirations. I agree he has killed the early going of the season and made everything very wonky, but these last two games have been utter disasters for the team though. We might be 2-2 with solid goaltending, but we are trending downhill super fast with all these school boy mistakes.

Reactions: henchman21

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Let’s be honest. We’re not firing Bednar.

Isn’t he in year 1 of a 3 year deal?

And even IF they decided to fire him, I cannot think of a worse time to do it. The new coach ideally creates a spark. Who’s the new coach gonna get a spark out of? Kylington? Steinberg? Kovalenko? Kelly? Ritchie? De Haan?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
You think this is bad just wait until this clown show goes on the road and they cant get last change lol

Does it matter?

I watched Bednar willingly put Kylington-Malinski out for a defensive zone faceoff after a TV timeout in the 2nd period.

He’s a lost cause.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Let’s be honest. We’re not firing Bednar.

Isn’t he in year 1 of a 3 year deal?

And even IF they decided to fire him, I cannot think of a worse time to do it. The new coach ideally creates a spark. Who’s the new coach gonna get a spark out of? Kylington? Steinberg? Kovalenko? Kelly? Ritchie? De Haan?
Spark his own ass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad