GDT: Game Four(Giev): COL vs. BOS (7:30PM MT)

New Nickname for Alex? (Thanks to henchman21 for providing!)

• 5G

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • 6eor9e

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • George the VII

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Geor8e

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's a lot easier once you've lost hope on this team like I have after the second game of the season.

Even after losing to Vegas, I thought "alright, we'll beat terrible Columbus at home." Nope, six goals against. Going into the Isles game, I had already lost hope and tonight just watching because I'm a diehard Avs fan.

I have no confidence in this group from goal to defense to the pitiful forward group to the coach behind the bench.

It's all a write off.
Yeah I'm kind of with you on that.

Though I really do think so much of it stems from the goaltending.

I think a lot of the guys on the ice are simply terrified of making a mistake because its basically a guaranteed goal right now with how our goaltending has been.

The roster is also terrible with the guys we have out, but I think even with the guys we have here playing now, if they were getting .910 goaltending they'd be playing way better at this point.

Reactions: katfude

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
It's a lot easier once you've lost hope on this team like I have after the second game of the season.

Even after losing to Vegas, I thought "alright, we'll beat terrible Columbus at home." Nope, six goals against. Going into the Isles game, I had already lost hope and tonight just watching because I'm a diehard Avs fan.

I have no confidence in this group from goal to defense to the pitiful forward group to the coach behind the bench.

It's all a write off.
Avs usually tend to be a .500 team in October and November and be bad. They usually go on those 10 game winnings streaks in like January or February.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It all starts in net. You can tell every player is playing scared, afraid of making a mistake because they know every mistake will end up in your net.

I've seen this too much in the trash days.

Reactions: katfude

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Avs usually tend to be a so so team in October and November. They usually go on those 10 game winnings stream in like January or February.

lol

This roster doesn't yell "slow start" to me. It screams "take us out back and put us out of our misery."

Wait until we hear about season-ending injuries to Drouin and Toews, setbacks for Lehkonen, Landy missing a third straight year, and Nichushkin high as a kite walking into the arena on Nov 13.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad