GDT: Game #9: Hot ‘N’ Ready - Oilers @ Red Wings - 4 PM - Sportsnet

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Embarassing. I didn't watch the Pitt game and then tune in to see this lol
great period by Pickard.

But people not recognizing this is what contested us looks like. Detroil moving legs and taking passes away, sealing boards etc. Pens were doing nothing. Oilers were playing against air in that game

Oilers are fine so far as wings played yesterday and will slow down.

Pickard saved us that period.

But to me its the trouble of a game like the Pens game where it was so easy, a team can influenced by that. Oilers have to roll up sleeves and suspect they will.

Reactions: McTedi and Sethual

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
We enter Detroit's zone at a stand still most of the time. No speed. Drai moron shoot that lol

How the hell did Detroit play last night. They look like speed demons
You honestly think playing yesterday at 11 am would have any impact on their energy or speed 8 games into a season lol these are pro hockey players and they get pampered. And the season is early. There should be zero fatigue from Detroit. Oilers om the other hand look like they played 20 games in a row, not moving their feet. Pathetic leadership on the ice. At least perry does what he can

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
That period was so disgusting I didnt even take a bite of my sandwich but I just did and I can confirm the sandwich is the best thing about today
1000003636.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Sethual

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Hyman and Mcdavid aren't having a good start this year, but it's blatantly obvious they are playing shorthanded every shift. Every forechecking shift is the same, Hyman/Mcdavid play catch until they get tied up, RNH comes in because he wants to help and immediately loses the puck.

Hopefully Knob wakes up and stops letting one player continue to drag down an entire line.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Draisaitl turned 29 today? Those idiots on Global said he was 28 this morning.
People always getting his age wrong and figuring he's younger than he is.

Drai line looked good early but fizzled out. But imagine getting a - for winning a faceoff clean in ownzone and you get scored against Because Nurse-Kulak. ffs. Routine possession of bone clean draw and you can't handle the puck?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hyman and Mcdavid aren't having a good start this year, but it's blatantly obvious they are playing shorthanded every shift. Every forechecking shift is the same, Hyman/Mcdavid play catch until they get tied up, RNH comes in because he wants to help and immediately loses the puck.

Hopefully Knob wakes up and stops letting one player continue to drag down an entire line.

Nuge also turned it over off the wall in embarrassing fashion in his own end about 4 times as well.

When he’s like this he’s borderline unplayable. Just stands there, loses battles, and passes the puck to the opposition.

Reactions: Tarus

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
great period by Pickard.

But people not recognizing this is what contested us looks like. Detroil moving legs and taking passes away, sealing boards etc. Pens were doing nothing. Oilers were playing against air in that game

Oilers are fine so far as wings played yesterday and will slow down.

Pickard saved us that period.

But to me its the trouble of a game like the Pens game where it was so easy, a team can influenced by that. Oilers have to roll up sleeves and suspect they will.
Oilers outplayed and outshot badly. Probably one of the worst periods a team has ever played in the last decade.:sarcasm:

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
You honestly think playing yesterday at 11 am would have any impact on their energy or speed 8 games into a season lol these are pro hockey players and they get pampered. And the season is early. There should be zero fatigue from Detroit. Oilers om the other hand look like they played 20 games in a row, not moving their feet. Pathetic leadership on the ice. At least perry does what he can
I know it pisses people off but I have not liked McDavid and his "leadership" at all this year. Something isn't right. I'm not even talking about an injury

He can't let himself fall down to the lowly likes of Matthew's, etc. He's higher than that

Drai I'm 50/50

He was flying last game, but it doesn't come consistently enough

Reactions: kevy9999

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad